How to empty wax pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelLynch

Reaction score
Ive converted to Perron rigot from hive, I've got a small amount on warm wax left in my pot, how can I empty it so I can put my new wax in?

Thanks

I'm going to take a guess: please correct me Geeks and don't do what I say until someone on here says its right!

Would you warm the pot up and then when the wax has melted, thoroughly wipe it out with a paper towel?

I don't do waxing yet so don't shout at me! It's just a guess. Do not try this at home! (just covering myself).

Not one of my favourite chores I must admit. I always warmed mine up and poured the old wax out. I then turn the pot off and use wax equipment cleaner to clean the excess out. Use a spatula to get to the bottom if its a 1000cc pot and watch u don't burn your hands!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Not one of my favourite chores I must admit. I always warmed mine up and poured the old wax out. I then turn the pot off and use wax equipment cleaner to clean the excess out. Use a spatula to get to the bottom if its a 1000cc pot and watch u don't burn your hands!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

This is exactly what I do!

This is exactly what I do!

Was confused when I saw your avatar I thought I'd replied to this in my sleep or something lol!

Yes if there's only a little wax in the bottom warm it so it's fluid and wipe out with couch roll, be careful not to burn yourself ( I've caught my knuckles a few times)
If there's still enough to pour out then do that into an empty wax pot or a piece of tinfoil etc. to discard xx

I just had the same thing after changing from Lycon to PR, after standing scratching my chin for a bit I just tipped it out then wiped the residue out with couch roll, I would actually get the pot really hot as you will be able to tip more out, then I gave it a wipe with some kitchen roll and solvent.....as one of the other geeks said be careful as its so easy to catch your knuckles.
tinax

Thank you geeks, i shall have ago before my next client arrives x

Am I right in thinking I still balance my wax on top to melt it even though it's a metal pot?

^ Yes but it takes sooooooo long with PR for some reason! I got impatient so stuck the metal tin directly in the heater, then once it was melted enough I (very carefully) removed the tin, put the original pot back in the heater and tipped the wax in.

I just bought a new inner pot and threw the old one away! a bit more expensive but i like to have a nice new clean one :) filled with all my lovely new PR wax :)

I just put the metal tin in my pot and heat it up. Works just fine :) x

I've done it, it took 4 hours to melt in to my wax pot! I was so tempted to put it in the microwave but knew it would blow up haha x

I use Lycon and I see that you changed to PR, was there anything specifically that made you change? Just interested.

I too was confused but then read the tin of PR wax and it said to just put it straight into the wax heater...so now I have cleaned out my old pot and put my parrafin wax in there as I already have another pot with the Euroblonde in...problem solved! x

Latest posts

Back