How to find "on-the-scalp" lightener salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord! Them examples of salons you've given gave me shudders! Scalp bleaches need so much care and attention, I'm not sure why some stylists think using say 9% is a better option! There are good stylists and colourists about don't be put off! I totally agree with the previous comments that a stylist with the same scalp bleach as you could have a bit more understanding as to how important the process being carried out correctly is! Although I think every stylist should really want the best for the hair and client not what's best for their pocket or column, time wise.

I think it's all about education. Ive been in a new salon for the past few months with new owners taking over to re vamp the salon as its a bit of a polly perms village salon with a bad reputation nothing wrong with that but the salon was failing with the previous owners. Anyway I've been looking through all of the old record cards, I'd say 90% of the clients with bleach be it highlights or scalp bleach have been having 9% or 12% used. I asked the left over graduate stylist who has stayed why everyone was using 9 or 12% and she replied because it's quicker.......I've seen a handful of these clients and some have base levels of a 7, absolutely no need to use 9%!

I hope you find a salon who can take care of your hair properly for you!!

X

Latest posts

Back