How to find people to practice on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joflakes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to be doing my manicure and pedicure training at the end of the month and have done a gel nail polish course already.

I don't have many friends or family, and need to find people to practice my skills on.

How would you do this? I don't have Facebook or Twitter or anything so that's out.

I thought about asking at work but wasn't sure if it was allowed or if I would have to have insurance (which I can get if I need it).

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks
Jo

I think there is a group on here models wanted I'm on my phone so can't search for it. If you are on a computer pop it into the search bar :)
Vicki xx

I think there is a group on here models wanted I'm on my phone so can't search for it. If you are on a computer pop it into the search bar :)
Vicki xx

Genius thanks! :)

Also try the "salon guinea pig" website to find models.

Hi all,

I am going to be doing my manicure and pedicure training at the end of the month and have done a gel nail polish course already.

I don't have many friends or family, and need to find people to practice my skills on.

How would you do this? I don't have Facebook or Twitter or anything so that's out.

I thought about asking at work but wasn't sure if it was allowed or if I would have to have insurance (which I can get if I need it).

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks
Jo

Hi hun see my thread for some great ideas.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/178231-new-area-need-practice.html

Also, my street are having a jublilee party in which i will give out flyers (just on word doc) and say look ill do your nails for free 1 x only, then after they have been i will ask them to fill out an anon questionnaire to see what theyre opinion was.

Hope I can help x

Also try the "salon guinea pig" website to find models.

On it now, thanks so much.

Hi hun see my thread for some great ideas.

Also, my street are having a jublilee party in which i will give out flyers (just on word doc) and say look ill do your nails for free 1 x only, then after they have been i will ask them to fill out an anon questionnaire to see what theyre opinion was.

Hope I can help x
Read it thank you :)

That's a really good idea. I don't know whether there is such a party going on but I can give them out at various pubs etc.

Pitty you were not closer! I would of let you practise on me, and then I could practise on you too.

I too struggle to find models. I mainly need models for sp eyelashes :-S

Pitty you were not closer! I would of let you practise on me, and then I could practise on you too.

I too struggle to find models. I mainly need models for sp eyelashes :-S

That is annoying, I'd have been up for that! Shame. I have only got 2 girly friends who will let me do their nails, and both of them are really picky about their filing. One is a neat freak and it has to be perfect and when I filed her nails the other day she kept stopping me and doing bits herself, and the other was okay but she hates having her nails filed so I didn't get a chance to do a really great job!

I would also like people to practise on, and can be practiced on too, but I have a 4 month old baby, so need to work around that. I'm in Surrey, anyone else out this way?

Try placing your request in the Models Required social group we have on the site. Many geeks have found guinea pigs this way:

Salon Geek - Models Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back