How to fix this orange disaster?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delia21

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am in big need for help. I will attach of a pic of my current hair color, which is an orange/yellowy mess (actually looks worse in person and worse every time I wash my hair). It was achieved in a salon using no ammonia Kemon, organic dye. I have since decided to switch stylists and I have talked to one I really liked, who uses the brand Joico and seems to know business. Oh I forgot to mention that I have never bleached my hair, I have been a blonde for 4 years using high lift dye only. I decided to go a more gentle path with organic dyes, but the result was bad , to say the least. So, this lady said she can only get rid of the orange by bleaching, either the full head OR by a double process , where I would get a high lift dye at the roots and then many many bleached highlights on top to even out and brighten the whole thing. I am still scared that I will damage my hair. I am inclined to choose the latter possibility. What would you reccomend? I would ideally go back to a more ashy blonde that I used to be once (like I said, with high lift and toner only). Is it really impossible to do a fix w.out bleach? Thank you so much all!

Attachments

• 20210223_182751.jpg
    20210223_182751.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
I’m really sorry but it’s against site rules for our hair professionals to give detailed colour formulas or technical information to those who are unqualified.

The best advice we can give is for you to wait until lockdown restrictions have been lifted (I’ve no idea of the current status of that in Romania), when you can seek the services of a colourist who will provide you a detailed consultation and assistance.

ok, thank you! I was just wondering if someone could suggest which route would be best of the two and if high lift is no good for me anymore,

ok, thank you! I was just wondering if someone could suggest which route would be best of the two and if high lift is no good for me anymore,

I am so sorry that it is against the rules. But I want to reach out to let you know I sympathize with you. I tore up my nails upon the first (and only really) lockdown in NJ. I spent months after that not going to salons to protect my family before being vaccinated. The worst thing you can do right now is touch it. I kept making it worse and worse until finally I threw out all my nail tools under the advice of this here forum and all the super smart techs.

Time for me to give back. :D As a hairdresser, I will tell you that you will make the color correction 100x harder for your hairdresser the more you touch it. At this point, I can almost guarantee your hairdresser can fix this upon first visit or at least get very close but if you make another mistake oh boy, you won't be so lucky. Please don't touch it. In all honesty, it doesn't look bad. Leave it alone. All the ladies going through this in lockdown. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I’m wondering if organic meant a vegetable dye? Henna perhaps? Would explain the orange hues.

Is it really impossible to do a fix w.out bleach? Thank you so much all!

Listen to your hairdresser!

A Highlift tint needs a high strength developer to work properly, but bleach works with a low strength developer. Highlift tints are far more damaging to your cuticle layers but as an untrained person, you wouldn't know that.

Time for me to give back. :D As a hairdresser, I will tell you that you will make the color correction 100x harder for your hairdresser the more you touch it. At this point, I can almost guarantee your hairdresser can fix this upon first visit or at least get very close but if you make another mistake oh boy, you won't be so lucky. Please don't touch it. In all honesty, it doesn't look bad. Leave it alone. All the ladies going through this in lockdown. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, it does give me some hope!! So do you mean I should go straight to the hairdresser and get it fixed as it is now and not touch it myself with high-lift or something? OR just leave it alone as it is to grow as much as possible and not visit the stylist? A but confused, with my English :). Thank you so much!

I’m wondering if organic meant a vegetable dye? Henna perhaps? Would explain the orange hues.
No henna, there is a brand of organic dyes with no ammonia called Kemon, thats what she used (as far as she told me at least!)

Kemon isn’t organic. It says on the advertising bumpf that 70% of the ingredients are from natural origins but it’s definitely not certified organic.

You won’t find a pro hair colour that’s 100% organic.

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, it does give me some hope!! So do you mean I should go straight to the hairdresser and get it fixed as it is now and not touch it myself with high-lift or something? OR just leave it alone as it is to grow as much as possible and not visit the stylist? A but confused, with my English :). Thank you so much!

No problem. English isn’t my first language either. What do you speak? I speak Italian. :)

What I mean is you should definitely leave it alone until your hairdresser opens. Then when she does go to her. Within 1-2 sessions I predict you will have the color you want. If you touch it yourself you will make color corrections harder.

Can I help with anything else?

No problem. English isn’t my first language either. What do you speak? I speak Italian. :)

What I mean is you should definitely leave it alone until your hairdresser opens. Then when she does go to her. Within 1-2 sessions I predict you will have the color you want. If you touch it yourself you will make color corrections harder.

Can I help with anything else?
Thank you so much, you are amazing! I speak Romanian, and some Italian as well :). For now, this was the only doubt I have had , whether the stylist's advice was a good one, I have no intention of doing anything myself since I never have! (the high-lift has always been done in a salon). She is actually open at the moment and I might wait just another 2 weeks or so, since I have just about a month from the last dying session. But again, thank you tons, so nice of you to be so kind and helpful!!🥰

Thank you so much, you are amazing! I speak Romanian, and some Italian as well :). For now, this was the only doubt I have had , whether the stylist's advice was a good one, I have no intention of doing anything myself since I never have! (the high-lift has always been done in a salon). She is actually open at the moment and I might wait just another 2 weeks or so, since I have just about a month from the last dying session. But again, thank you tons, so nice of you to be so kind and helpful!!🥰

Sounds like a plan. If you have anymore questions let me know and I can respond in Italian if you’re more comfortable. It’s my better language 😂

We just can’t give how to advice. That’s all 🙂

Latest posts

Back