How to get a messy hair look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid26

Reaction score
Hiya

i am more of a beauty geek than hair.

i want to get a nice messy look to my hair with no fuss.

Can anyone help?

Which techniques to use and which products would be great

Thanks!!!

choppy layers, a light wax and dont blow dry it too str8. . blow dry it as roughly as u can, str8n some random sections and then use a small amouint of wax to ruffle the hair and define chunky pieces sporadically around the head . . and spray any bits you want to define for extra hold. . all depends what ur concept of messy is tho. . x

ahh ok

firstly i think i need a hair cut for more layers....

also which light wax's are good ones? i have no idea when it comes to products.

???

I have short messy looking hair, and I use Tigi's manipulators its fab :hug:

I like the shake and spray method- With a medium hold aerosol or a fast drying non aerosol spray shake your head vigorously (like you were saying no) and spray the ends, it will give a soft, separated and touseled appearance on medium length or shorter hair. Works best with layers, but will give some definition and piecing even on blunt cut styles. Define further with wax or paste if desired. Go to a salon for professional products and demonstration. (at least they should help you learn how to use the products anyway...we do)

a fellow tigi buff, i use tigi hard to get paste mixed with a tiny bit of serum if u like a softer look and then spray, ps the shake and spray is a good techniue to HAHA i have gotten clients to shake their head like they are in seizure before to do that, thjey thot i was mad till they saw the results hahaha x

i was watching some videos on you tube of how to tease your hair!
The styles looked wicked, big hair and kinda messy. They were starting with layers underneath and backcombing then spraying right to the last layer then combing smooth...looks wicked !

Hiya

My hair is short and choppy, pixie like really. I use Affinage 'Control Freak' (the best I've come across) and a non aerosol spray (of which the name escapes me right now :rolleyes:). I get great control and seperation without it feeling sticky or too rock hard.

HTH's. xx

Latest posts

Back