how to get a name??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
Hi all you guys,

Well as some of you may well know i have recently leased a shop and am turning it into a beauty/nail salon with my sister in law. I have come to the point where we have to make up our price lists and advertising, plus cards and other bits and bobs. Well we have been thinking of nails,oh my god i put nails instead of names, shows you how much it is on my brain, i mean thinking of names for the salon, for what seems like forever. We cant find one which suits us so i am asking for help from you guys! Please???!!! We will offer a wide range of beauty and nail treatments, tanning, nailart, st tropez, toothgems and earpiercing, and want to appeal to everyone. We want a name which is classy,without sounding too posh, but dont want to sound common, does that make sense? Any ideas at all would be helpful so if any of you have your thinking caps on?.......................Please help us???

Michelle xx

Hiya!

Ive thought Peaches and Cream :D was a cool name for a beauty salon (basically cos it sounds nice!) till I found 2 salons with the same name!!!! they were at opposite ends of the country though. this is tough! whereabouts is your salon?

What's your sister in laws name?

Correct me if I am wrong - but are you not based on an Island! If so, are you near a beach? What about Beach Babes or Bathing Beauties or something along those lines? :D

What about The Beauty Box.

I love the name Potions & Lotions, but I am only doing nails so its not an option for me, how about The Beauty Lounge? I was going to be called The Nail Station but my husband came up with The Nail Lounge and I can only find one other salon in my area, miles away, with the same name so I have gone with it, I think it sounds more classy but not imposing.

Keep us posted!

HIya

Bee Beautiful
Bee's Knees
Beauty & Beyond

How about Perfectly Polished.

Skin & Tonic

What about " A Touch Of Class" !

What about..........Island Beauty Retreat.........

Try TIPS to TOES :p there are many but it is a good name
I also like POLISHED TO PERFECTION

Totally Polished

Buff 'n' Tidy

Nailed to Perfection

Shell Nails

Beachy Keen Beauty Sheen

Talon-ted

my thoughts....;)

why dont you get a blank sheet of paper and write down lots of nail, beauty, girly related words. then try and link two together that sound nice
eg...

beauty
bliss
retreat
pamper
relax
nails
pink
zen
sparkle
perfect

I was in the same boat last year and while i was helping my client pick a nail polish colour. She said she needed some inspiration so thats what i called my small salon. Inspirations
Good luck with your new salon
Caren :D

I know someone in Wales who simply named her salon 'Pink'.... I think it's fab..
doesn't have to be a mouth full.....
people often cant say my salons name...Beau Visage....

especially the work experience girls!!! lol

Sue

rachmcw said:
why dont you get a blank sheet of paper and write down lots of nail, beauty, girly related words. then try and link two together that sound nice
eg...

beauty
bliss
retreat
pamper
relax
nails
pink
zen
sparkle
perfect

Some tips for salon naming:

Keep the name to one word is you can.

Be original.

Abstract is in vogue. Fruits, colours, fish, animals, ironmongery, etc.

Don't be corny.

Don't pick a name from a salon in the same city.

Go to an encylcopedia or a dictionary and randomly pick pages.

Be individual.

People get caught up in "names" when the name is only a representation of what you offer inside! You can call it Harrods but if you sell rubbish nobody will come back....you can call it "lousy nails" but offer a fantastic service and product range and people will poor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back