How to get black hair with a bright blue tinge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok lol so step-step

1st Fill your hair, (30g 3 + 10g 5.25 + 9Vol In Richesse OR DIAlight) Leave for 20minutes and then rinse and blast hair dry completly.

then apply (50g 1 + 20g BLEU Mix + 75g 6% Oxydant In Majirel Roots straight through) Leave for full dev time of 35minutes, then rinse, dry a part of your hair of then if you want it more Blue then apply the blue semi over the top.

Hope that helped.

im not really sure i understand how taking the hair to a base 3/4 an adding mahogany is going to help counteract the red. it seems like a pointless waste of colour really....

im not really sure i understand how taking the hair to a base 3/4 an adding mahogany is going to help counteract the red. it seems like a pointless waste of colour really....

Lol ok what's the best way and least hassell ;)

Lol ok what's the best way and least hassell ;)

50g's 1, 5g's grun mix + 6% .... unless you can use 3% with lorel these days, i can never get 100% answer whether its the to-do thing or not?

over the top with any nice semi blue after being shampooed...comb till frothy and leave for 30 mins....and every time you wash your hair, use the semi as your conditioner :)

50g's 1, 5g's grun mix + 6% .... unless you can use 3% with lorel these days, i can never get 100% answer whether its the to-do thing or not?

over the top with any nice semi blue after being shampooed...comb till frothy and leave for 30 mins....and every time you wash your hair, use the semi as your conditioner :)

Hmm I've used a 3% with majirel before but didn't feel like I got the best result, will use 6%.

Is it only 5g grun? I thought it was 20g Bleu so this is different?

Sounds good :)

Hmm I've used a 3% with majirel before but didn't feel like I got the best result, will use 6%.

Is it only 5g grun? I thought it was 20g Bleu so this is different?

Sounds good :)

yeh because the green is only to neutralise the red, you don't want to see a green hue lol

yeh because the green is only to neutralise the red, you don't want to see a green hue lol

LOL yeah that would not be a good look! Thank you so much I am going to head out and get the stuff today :) hope it looks blue enough - eek

Just hope I don't want to go back red in a month or so! Lol

LOL yeah that would not be a good look! Thank you so much I am going to head out and get the stuff today :) hope it looks blue enough - eek

Just hope I don't want to go back red in a month or so! Lol

No matter what you use you won't get a lot of blue unless you weave highlights through and put the semi all over, the main reasoning behind blue black is so the colour still looks black in the light as opposed to the reddy dark brown colour you'd get from a black tint alone :)

No matter what you use you won't get a lot of blue unless you weave highlights through and put the semi all over, the main reasoning behind blue black is so the colour still looks black in the light as opposed to the reddy dark brown colour you'd get from a black tint alone :)

Hmmm I can't see the blue at all. Not even a slight hue... How can I fix this?

Hmmm I can't see the blue at all. Not even a slight hue... How can I fix this?

did you put the semi on shampooed, towel dried hair? and did you comb it untill it was frothy? and how long did you leave it on for?

did you put the semi on shampooed, towel dried hair? and did you comb it untill it was frothy? and how long did you leave it on for?

Yep did all of the above and left for 30mins :/

Yep did all of the above and left for 30mins :/

Just a thought but take a mirror outside and have a look, i know it's not light but atleast its natural light.

as i said above, no matter what you use, it is black at the end of the day so you're not going to see a great deal of tone in it no matter what tone it is.

Just a thought but take a mirror outside and have a look, i know it's not light but atleast its natural light.

as i said above, no matter what you use, it is black at the end of the day so you're not going to see a great deal of tone in it no matter what tone it is.

Yeah I know I won't see much... I saw a friends friend with black hair and it was blue under light... Hmmm confused

What method did you use? Only reason I said to fill with some of the 5.25 or the undercoat for the color to hold.

Latest posts

Back