How to get clients for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmerelda14

Reaction score
Hey I'm qualified in all methods of extensions and weaves and am great at doin them now and no longer need practice it's just I can't seem to find clients to start making money as this is my dream and want this o badly to be my job Iv set up my own Facebook page put all the pictures in but it seems so slow in picking up can anyhelp how to go about gettin more clients I Iam mobile and travel to them if anyone could help that would be great thankyous xxx

Have you got the option for people to be able
To leave reviews on your fb page? That helps massively as if you have lots of good reviews people may come to you over other hair extensions technians. Have you got a instagram and hash tag your location and hair extensions?
Are you photos really good quality with good quality lighting? When I improved my lighting and got a backdrop banner with my business name I got a lot more clients as they all said it looked very professional.
Apart from that I think it’s just word of mouth which is slow but it will happen. I don’t think offers and discounts really work as it just attracts people wanting it cheap, if your photos are good and people can see good reviews then they will
Come x

To leave reviews on your fb page? That helps massively as if you have lots of good reviews people may come to you over other hair extensions technians. Have you got a instagram and hash tag your location and hair extensions?
Are you photos really good quality with good quality lighting? When I improved my lighting and got a backdrop banner with my business name I got a lot more clients as they all said it looked very professional.
Apart from that I think it’s just word of mouth which is slow but it will happen. I don’t think offers and discounts really work as it just attracts people wanting it cheap, if your photos are good and people can see good reviews then they will
Come x
Aww hey
Come x
aww hey thanks for replying that was nice aww all that sound great where do I get a back ground banner and I'm mobile so do I just take that with me to clients houses also I don't really know how to hash tag and stuff and make a business page up on instagram thanks so much for helping out and hanks if you can reply xxxx

Hi, I agree with GorgeousLocks. I was paying Facebook to promote my business but it didn’t really have any interaction so I wouldn’t bother with that. But I do have a Facebook and I upload lots of photos of hair, how-to videos & details of my appointment schedule which gets lots of interest. Maybe do a GIVEAWAY on social media to the first five ladies to book with you to have hair extensions at a one off discounted price to help build up your portfolio (then just charge a small amount for fitting on top of the hair). Maybe design yourself a logo and order some business cards.. Put them in local shops, hand them out. Xxx

Last edited:
I agree with gorgeous locks, your online portfolio and before and after photos need to be spot on. Reputation is everything.
Are you are trained hairdresser? That' how my business built up, by my colour/cut clients enquiring and tryng out extensions. Then really from there word of mouth.
I have been applying extensions for 12 years now. Iniially there was very little social media and extensionist were rarer. Now it is a very competitive industry. I currently work long hours and have a waiting list so with time and dedication it does come.
Instagram in a great platform for gaining interest but word of mouth is the key.
Ensure you use the best hair, colour match spot on. Cutting and blending needs to be perfect and customer care. Research your competition and try to find a unique selling point. Can someone help you with instagram and how to hashag? X

Latest posts

Back