How to get clients in during January????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi there;
I have recently opened a new salon-spa, literally 3 weeks ago! December has been OK, better than I was expecting as we're all starting from scratch with hardly any existing clients.
The trouble is, December is pretty much over, the Xmas rush is done, only really NYE left to make money.

So my question is - WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE PEOPLE THROUGH THE DOOR IN JANUARY??!?!?!

I know January is a dire month that everyone struggles with but there's gotta be a pull out there. Especially as we've got all our bills coming in this month.

I was worried that having TOO many packages/deals/gimmicks would just sort of clutter the price list but at the same time we want to grab people's attention.

Any ideas??

We offer ecerything in beauty, nails and hair including St Tropez and Balmain Extensions.

Thanks

xx

what offers or packages do you have on offer at the moment?

You could organise a leaflet drop (know any teenagers who want to earn a fiver :lol: luckily l have 2 teenage sons) or offer something like infills with free cuticle oil, like maybe a mini solar oil for the nails?
Or some type of client loyalty card?
Sometimes offering discounts doesn't do you justice tbh x

I read this before on salon geek, so will not take credit for this suggestion.

Why not offer a gift voucher to each client for every treatment they book, very much like a loyalty card scheme, but as its a gift voucher they can either use it themselves or give to a friend.

Say every £10 spent receive £1 gift voucher, etc. Or if its just for the month of January, make it more generous.

I'm hoping to be busy in January and February as I've sold loads of gift vouchers which need to be redeemed by the end of Feb, plus I've put 4 detox specials on for the month of January.

The christmas specials can be used until end of Feb (just in case people with gift vouchers want the treatments).

I only started in November, so know where you're coming from totally. Its really scary stuff, and its been a great natural laxative for me!!!!!

I started from scratch, so didn't bring ANY clients with me, so far have seen 22 clients in 2 months.

thanks for the ideas guys

currently i have quite a few packages going combining different things from accross my price list but they will run all year round.

i like the idea of giving out the vouchers to every client just to entice them back in.

what do you think to offering a free "conditioning treatment" or "hand and arm massage" or anything that only costs time not money?

I would def go for a conditioning treatment, that sounds lush.

Yes, I think the vouchers actually handed over and put into a card is a real incentive. I might do this in March once my special offers run out.

I got my 20% discount cards printed from www.vistaprint.com and am giving them out to customers in December, for discount on a treatment in Jan or Feb.
I've stipulated that it's one card per customer and the discount is on one treatment.
It's my first time at this ploy, so I'm reserving judgement till March to see how it's gone.

Hi, im mobile so all the above sound good, but any suggestions for offers when mobile? I do L+P nails, makeup and will soon be doing spray tanning. have only started mobile in december so got a small budget:rolleyes:

Hi, im mobile so all the above sound good, but any suggestions for offers when mobile? I do L+P nails, makeup and will soon be doing spray tanning. have only started mobile in december so got a small budget:rolleyes:
Just choose one of your treatments and offer 10% off.

Latest posts

Back