How to get clients in south east London spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ive made instagram, cards im covering crystal palace, beckenham, bromley and penge. Ive only had one client who was a friend. Where am i going wrong. My insta is dewytanning

Flooded market
.....also there are such good home products, it’s no longer necessary to get a spray tan

I do heaps of spray tans. Probably about 8/9 per day. Maybe do some deals to start off?

Ive made instagram, cards im covering crystal palace, beckenham, bromley and penge. Ive only had one client who was a friend. Where am i going wrong. My insta is dewytanning
Hi,
Just a bit of advice on your insta. You only have one before and after pic, and it’s in very poor light so we can’t see any difference between before and after. Also the before pic is of the person fully clothed.
You need better pics / better lighting.
Your insta bio needs updating. I wouldn’t know where you were based if you didn’t say on this thread.
Remove your lipstick emoji and selfies as it looks like you offer makeup up and not spray tans. Have 1 pic of you with a caption ‘face behind the page- hi my name is ........ I’m a fully qualified and experienced mobile spray tanning expert etc etc’
Change your bio to something like: (change the * for emojis that relate to that thing eg phone emoji next to number)

*SiennaX certified Mobile Spray tanner
*Fully insured
*Covering: Beckenham, Bromley, Penge
*Call 07900000000 to book

Part of my day job is to run social media accounts. So it’s something I’m on every day. I hope this helps x

Try to offer them some discounts and deals.

Make sure you use the right hashtags. You can use up to 30 on each post. Remember, you don't necessarily want 30,000 followers from across the world, you want people who are local to you who might actually use your services, so use the locations you cover in the hashtags. Spend some time researching good ones by typing them in to the search bar. You'll see a few good suggestions and you can also see how frequently it is used.

I deffo don't think tanning is as popular as it once was - I started mobile 10 year ago ( when it was booming )just doing tanning for several years and ive gradually added to my services. But thats just my experience and my area .
Do you do any other services that you could create a package ? or maybe some retail products ?

One thing i will advise if your mobile is dont get hung up to much on deals or undercut yourself or freebies as it can be a hard trap to get out of , try to still make a good profit . You still need to think of your time and travel.
There are people out there who still want them its all about getting in front of them and attracting them . Do you use facebook ads at all? you can target your chosen audience .

Offer upsell products like tan friendly lotions to help their tan last longer / fade better, or scrubs and exfoliators .

Once you get your client ,you want them coming back to you week in week out so try not to focus too much on clients that are looking for the cheaper deal because as soon as your prices go back up they will be looking for something else .

One thing I used to do is once someone had been very regular for say 6-12 months id reduce their tan price by £5 ( i charge £20 - so they now pay £15) they became a loyal and valued customer and of course they were still going to tan every week and also tell their friends about they loyalty scheme .

You could also do freebies if someone books a block booking - like a set of false lashes - make up something thats not going to cut your profit but will incentivise block bookings . Rather that discounting them

I hope this helps

Latest posts

Back