How to get more clients???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Completed my training in Nov 06, and started my mobile business, I now rent space in a beauty salon. Needing help on getting more clients I have tried mail drops, handing out flyers, leaving them in hair dressers, and have a listing on yell.com. Problem is I'm only getting 2-3 clients per week what else can I do? The salon I'm at was taking £5 for every set of nails I did but now want £40 a week, as I charge £24.50 for a set of enhancements I would only be making peanuts ! Nearly all my clients only want the enhancements for a special occasion so no repeat business really!
Would appreciate any advice x

Hi Sarah,
£40 Rental a week is very cheap babes I would do some special offers to get more clients through the door e.g. First set 10% off. Once you have built up a steady clientelle you will then start making more money.

Would it be a good idea to do a promotional poster for the shop?
10% off first treatment, refer a friend and get 10% off next treatment, 5 treatments get 5th one half price?

I know £40 a week is really cheap but as I'm not making much just now i'd really be working for nothing x

Would it be a good idea to do a promotional poster for the shop?
10% off first treatment, refer a friend and get 10% off next treatment, 5 treatments get 5th one half price?

I know £40 a week is really cheap but as I'm not making much just now i'd really be working for nothing x

Sarah a salon poster would be a fab idea and maybe discuss with your boss that could she let you pay a reduced rate until you have more clients :)

I know but dont know how to ask her, and at what rate, she has just taken over the salon last month and I work there self employed so she's not my boss lol

I know but dont know how to ask her, and at what rate, she has just taken over the salon last month and I work there self employed so she's not my boss lol

Ok maybe just say would it be possible to reduced my weekly rate for another 2 weeks while I just build up my client base. That will then give you 2 weeks to advertise like mad and get more people through your door.

Good plan Lellipop! I'll make up the poster today, can I put all the things I mentioned on the 1 poster or would that look rubbish?

I would stick with £10% off first set and refer a friend and get a further £5% of first infill. Good Luck :)

Thanks for your help lelli xx

just setting up a new business and trying to build my client base , ive sais to a few clients if you can get me two new customers il do your infills for free it seems to be working ( costly i know but you gotta build it up first )

thats a good plan! I'll definitly try that deby thanks x

I think if we're honest we all worked for nothing in the beginning:)

Don't have anything to add, some good advice in this thread already.

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK :hug:

just setting up a new business and trying to build my client base , ive said to a few clients if you can get me two new customers il do your infills for free it seems to be working ( costly i know but you gotta build it up first )

doing something like this for a while to get more "bums on seats" would be a great idea....i often give my clients incentives for sending new people my way!

hi
i had this problem when first starting out mobile i did leaflet drops with limited success. Once you have impressed a few people you will get repeat business and they will recommend you - word of mouth is always the best advertisement - and its free!!!!:)

It is really hard in the beginning and as long as you have got your pricing right for the area you are in you will do ok... have you thought of doing ladies nail parties in the evening at the salon? i do them mobile - they are VERY popular and i get repeat business that way too
hth
jane xx

have u taken a look at this http://www.salongeek.com/business/28153-sassy-guide-advertising-your-business.html.. it may help what about using flowers and fruits for manis and pedis do a comp wax dip pina colada pedi use pineapple in the water or coconut flakes the aha in the pineapple u could rub it on the feet for an exfoliant coconut body butter.. comp mask with mani pedi be creative have fun margarita pedi with limes and salt scrub your options are limitless

good luck :)

maybe discuss with your boss that could she let you pay a reduced rate until you have more clients
I have this automatically in my lease with the BR's. For the first 30 days, if you are not able to pay full rent, you can pay me a 30% of your weekly earnings. This helps out the newbie get settled in and not have to stress out about making rent for 4 weeks.

I do make them take all their appts at the front desk so I can keep an eye on them and they can't cheat me saying they didn't make rent that week when in reality, they made double rent.

recommend a friend cards are good, i've started fairly recently and although you make less you do have to offer big discounts as incentives for new clients. i did 10% off everything for the first month, every client that came through the door got recommend a friend cards, (two cards one for 20% off their next treatment and one offering the same for a friend)
i also did a launch party, gave people the chance to see what a do and have a look around offering 25% off helped with bookings! its still hard work pulling clients in but i think discounts are the way to go.
sassy gave me a great bit of advice that does still ring in my head...'love 'em to death and you'll have them for life' its true people don't go elsewhere unless they have a reason to hth, good luck hun xxx

Ive mentioned this before on here but if you know anyone with daughters that are having their proms this year thats good business at the mo.Catch them before they go to the NSS salons.Get who you know to give out your flyers and do a special on Prom nails you may then get repeat business from their mums.
Also look out for schools having pamper parties you can have a table doing sample nails or hand massages and print off nail zoos info on mma to again get the nss regulars.
Then of course there are weddings look out for wedding fayres or produce a flyer and discount particularly for wedding nails.

you should try contacting a local newspaper and offering to do a makeover for one of their readers for free and then the paper will do a write up on the make over and people will see it and you will start to get more clients! x

Latest posts

Back