How to get new clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair on Fleek

Reaction score
I need advice getting new people in the door... There are too many days our phones are quiet and the salon. All of us girls are booth rental and I dont think many would be interested in an "open house" day... I am advertising on facebook and online garage sales around the area.. I have ordered some client referral programs and have offered promo deals.. Would it be appropriate to hang up business cards on peoples doors? Does putting them on car windsheilds tick people off? I am really just stuck and need serious advice.. I dont want people to shy away because they think im desperate... Alot of the clients I have do come in to see me again I just am needing more newbies!!

why don't you ask your current clientele to refer a friend and give them a discount? If they are coming back this may help get a little more people through the door. Give out cards to your neighbours, when you are in the starbucks queue speak to people and hand them a card too. Also put a client comments box in the salon so they can say what they think you should do. I hope this helps.

I agree with cole_1304 that asking your regulars to refer a friend helps. I have a chalkboard on the desk that states "refer a friend, both get 20% off!" When a new lady comes in and says "such and such told me about you", I give the new lady 20% off (I offer this for all first visits anyway) and I then send a postcard to my regular saying "thank you for recommending your friend, please enjoy 20% off your next appointment as a thank you!". I usually put a use by date on there so that they come in within the next month too. They absolutely love receiving a personal offer through the post (or you could send an email) and they keep telling more and more friends about you, because they will get a discount each time someone uses you! Its worked for me.

I am currently trying recommend a friend because I am just starting up at home so hoping that's going to help me get some more clients. Good luck x

I need advice getting new people in the door... There are too many days our phones are quiet and the salon. All of us girls are booth rental and I dont think many would be interested in an "open house" day... I am advertising on facebook and online garage sales around the area.. I have ordered some client referral programs and have offered promo deals.. Would it be appropriate to hang up business cards on peoples doors? Does putting them on car windsheilds tick people off? I am really just stuck and need serious advice.. I dont want people to shy away because they think im desperate... Alot of the clients I have do come in to see me again I just am needing more newbies!!
You run the risk of being sued for damage if you leave on window screens.

Even if you didn't. And it was already damaged.

Prove it wasn't you.

If you look on the business section there's a thread about how to grow your business.

you need to build up your individual profiles. people these days are so particular about their hair. create your own facebook page full of your work. if u cant take before and afters of clients, do it on manakin heads. colours, cuts, hair up...things that will make people go 'that's what i want!' x

Latest posts

Back