How to get people to practice on?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tronk7

Reaction score
I'm currently struggling to find people to practice on , I'm trained in acrylic and gel overlays and I'm going on a gelish course next week.i'm desperate to find people to practice on ggrrrh ! I've posted on Facebook about it but no joy :( any ideas geeks ??? It's getting me down now , i'm so passionate about nails and really want to succeed and get out of my current job. Any ideas ???

Advertise anywhere and eveywhere!:) word your adverts so that it clearly states that you are practising (not so that people think you're going to do a bad job, but so they think they've come upon a great bargain!) and charge next to nothing.

When I needed someone to practise on i advertised on a craiglist-like site, saying I needed experience and I didn't want to charge full price for a less-than-perfect job. I charged about £5 for any NNO (gel, gelish) and £10 for any extensions (tips, sculpts, gelish on hard gel...) and got loads of replies:)

The trick is wording. Dont word it as if you are asking for a favor, word it as if you are DOING people a favor by offering them a bargain:)

advertise on gumtree explaining that you are a newly qualified professional looking for models for practicing. But do mention that there will be a material cover charge. In salons it ranges between 10-20 pounds. You need to cover the cost of your materials used, so work out how much it costs you per treatment.

the more you practice the more confident you will become.

good luck

There's a Models Required social group on this site... I run a website myself called Salon Guinea Pig - http://www.salonguineapig.co.uk/ - where you can find models to practice on in your local area - hope that helps :hug:

advertise and do family and friends but also practise on yourself, once you master your own you can pretty much do anyones!!

Hi everyone

Just a quick question.

So il be qualifying soon but I presume that to advertise on gumtree and other places, you would have to have insurance wouldn't you and then I could do this to gain practice? Not sure which direction I am going to go in yet as I have myself to look after lol but you never know in the future.

I'm so excited about qualifying but would love to keep on practicing tili get my confidence or work in a salon. All in good time right??

Thanks. X

Latest posts

Back