How to get rid of hot wax from the carpet???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgml

Reaction score
Please, somebody help me. I tried to put paper and iron it but that was a big mistake. Paper stuck to the carpet and now it looks worst than before... Any advice please?

If it were me, I would try some Wax Off on an inconspicuous area of the carpet and if it doesn't stain I would then work on the wax, maybe with a toothbrush and maybe with some hot soapy water.

I find Wax Off very good for removing hot wax from towels, it is quite smelly but it doesn't leave any oily residue.

Years ago I tried removing candle wax from a carpet with an iron and I melted the carpet. What a disaster..

I recently used WD40 to remove wax from my towelling couch cover, I sprayed it on the wax and then popped in the washine machine and it is all gone (I know you cant do that with the carpet :D) However google WD40 and see if there are any tips for using it on carpets.

Annie

Please, somebody help me. I tried to put paper and iron it but that was a big mistake. Paper stuck to the carpet and now it looks worst than before... Any advice please?

Hi, what kind of paper did you use? I've used brown paper bags with an iron and it works FAB! Best of luck! :)

Hi, what kind of paper did you use? I've used brown paper bags with an iron and it works FAB! Best of luck! :)

Yes... I agree!
I have spilled hot wax on my carpet, and I put down a brown paper bag, and then with a hot iron got it up! It worked liked magic!

White towel paper :eek: I have to buy some brown paper bag and try again.
Thanks guys.

Try putting a frozen bag of peas on it and picking it off. Once you've got most of off, try one of the above. xx

Try putting a frozen bag of peas on it and picking it off. Once you've got most of off, try one of the above. xx

Genius! Too late now, but it might be useful in the future, thanks :)

I tried the Wd40 on my towels. Unfortunatly it didn't work :(
I sprayed both sides of towels, put on a hot wash and the wax is still there. The only thing now the whole house stinks of Wd40 as the towels are in the tumble. lol

Latest posts

Back