How to get rid of things?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
I need to cut all my belongings into a suit case amount of things. I want to get rid of quite a bit as I am moving and was wondering how you guys would get rid of things.

Either the bin or charity shop?!

If I understand correctly, I'd look at things that I use daily, those things that I use infrequently and then probably get rid of those things that I haven't used for over 6 months.
I either sell things on eBay, give them to charity or bin them (if they can't be recycled).

I'm not sure we have a charity bin per se. I currently live in the city with no car. But I think the necessities are important.

I need kim and aggy to come and clear my stuff out, I live in a Ski resort and have to move every 6 months!! I should be living out a suitcase but I love my shoes and it would be cruel to make them homeless!! I did hear for clothes you should turn all the hangers around to face you, when you wear something put it back so the hanger is pointing away and whatever is left facing you after 3 months you dont need anymore! ....However I just cant part with anything so im a lost cause

Just bag it all up and dump it out or give it away

Give them to family or friends, bag it up and take it to a charity shop or donation bin in a supermarket car park or fill one of the charity bags that get shoved through the letter box and leave it out for collection. I did all this after getting sick of looking at my two bulging double wardrobes. I now have a small capsule wardrobe of about 30 pieces I love and I always have something to wear and no headaches over choosing clothes in the morning [emoji4]

I've just moved so have done a combo of car boot sale, eBay, charity shop, giving away and throwing away by taking it to the local tip. Phew x

Either give it away, throw it away or sell them (if they are in good condition).

I just put stuff in front of my house with a free sign on it. It always goes away.

Just bag it all up and dump it out or give it away

i facking hate moving cos of all the packing/unpacking etc. i am pretty ruthless. i dont hoard. if i dont use it its dumped or charity shopped. less stuff to pack = less stuff to move/unpack.

I had this problem having just moved. We had to put our stuff in storage (well family's houses) for two weeks and it's amazing how we lived out of a suitcase for that long. But you survive, then eventually unboxing I was amazed at how much toot I've got. In the end I've given a lot to charity, including a big table and chairs even. And had family over and just let them choose anything they want. Some people have been so pleased, it's really helped them out. I would have ebayed but I will now I'm less busy. I know there's boot sales also.

I didn't end up needing to do it. I didnt have enough stuff to move and the house I was moving too fell through. Luckily my.room mates hadn't replaced me yet.

Ooh. Linkles. Your back! How I have missed you!!

Latest posts

Back