How to get rid of yellow tones in blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Lashes

Reaction score
Hi Girls
I'm not a hair geek & really need help with my own blonde hair!!!
I go to my salon every 6 weeks & ask for really pale white blonde.
I get a good colour but it's still got yellow tones & I feel it looks straw coloured within a few days!!!
Does anyone know a good toner or shampoo which can get rid of the yellow tones & give me a lovely silver blonde?
Thanks xxx

Silver shampoo will keep it fresh between visits ☺

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver shampoo is a god send!! Must admit I leave it on for a good 5-10mins & watch my hair change from brassy to silvery lol

Hello! I agree with the other posts, yes use violet shampoo. The reason why is because violet is opposite yellow of the colour wheel. So the violet will cancel out the yellow.
The yellow could be cussed by yellow products you use in your hair like Moroccan oil. Also, your water system at home that you wash your hair with.

However If you want it more permanently removed you should ask your stylist for a "Toner"
Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

I was going to suggest a toner as well. And yes certain oils can cause brassiness. I suggest clients use Chi oil. It does well with a smooth blowout, but little to no yellow tones to blonde.

Every other time you go into salon, you can have colorist do freehand painting on some lower yellow pieces.

Thanks for your replies girls.
Can you give me your thoughts on:
which silver shampoo you recommend
which toner
which Redken Shades EQ to counteract the yellow/ brassy tones
Thanks in advance
xxx

Thanks for your replies girls.
Can you give me your thoughts on:
which silver shampoo you recommend
which toner
which Redken Shades EQ to counteract the yellow/ brassy tones
Thanks in advance
xxx

We're not allowed to give non pros advice on using pro chemicals, shampoo yes! Toners and redken shades, no, your hairdressers will know how to tone and rectify this

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back