How to get Shellac off clothes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I stupidly managed to drip a bit of Gotcha on a new white top, obviously it's un-cured, does anyone know how or if I can get this out please?

I would try Alcohol

Yep I agree, try d.sperse it works a treat when I've messed up on my towels.

Karaxxx

I tried rubbing soome Dsperse on and removed some but not all, should I soak it and leave for a while?

I tried rubbing soome Dsperse on and removed some but not all, should I soak it and leave for a while?

Yes I found that worked better than just rubbing alone, then I used Shout stain remover (which is amazing) and washed a few times. The only other trick I do if its on white is use a tiny bit of bleach - on a cotton bud or just a little dab as this usually makes it disappear. My only worry would be if its a delicate fabric, then I'd probably just go with the elbow grease and stain remover.

Karaxxx

Thank you for the advice it worked 😊 I let it soak for a couple of hours in disperse then popped it in the wash and it's all gone - very relieved and next time will stick to wearing my tunic even though I melt in it rather than trash a good top!

Latest posts

Back