How to get the full lash look

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

Iv just done my 3 rd set and tried b curl 0.20 mm 13 and 12 length to see how long they looked.

My friend loved them but I wanted them fuller. I didn't have any natural lashes left to add more too only baby ones ;-)

How would I make them fuller iv heard to place 2 x 10 mm onto 1 lash or use the y lashes but I have no idea how to do this

Help ;-)

Never apply 2 lashes to one natural lash, you will potentially overload the natural lash and cause premature fall out.

YOu have used quite long lashes, so really you would never have achieved a full look with just two differing lengths. You need to use shorter lashes to create fullness and volume. So if you wanted them long, you could have used 9,11,13 and even placed some 10's throughout to combine the lengths.

Also remember, fullness is not always determined by the lashes you apply, but by the amount of natural lashes you have to apply to. If your client has very sparse lashes, you will more than likely never be able to create a very full look.

And, a lot of images we see with very full lashes (also Katie Price), they have had lashes applied and then glued strip lashes on top.

Lastly, by all means try Y lashes, I have tried all different styles, but personally I find them a nightmare - they are stupidly awkward to pull from the strip and invariably split apart - rendering them useless for their purpose.

Never apply 2 lashes to one natural lash, you will potentially overload the natural lash and cause premature fall out.

YOu have used quite long lashes, so really you would never have achieved a full look with just two differing lengths. You need to use shorter lashes to create fullness and volume. So if you wanted them long, you could have used 9,11,13 and even placed some 10's throughout to combine the lengths.

Also remember, fullness is not always determined by the lashes you apply, but by the amount of natural lashes you have to apply to. If your client has very sparse lashes, you will more than likely never be able to create a very full look.

And, a lot of images we see with very full lashes (also Katie Price), they have had lashes applied and then glued strip lashes on top.

Lastly, by all means try Y lashes, I have tried all different styles, but personally I find them a nightmare - they are stupidly awkward to pull from the strip and invariably split apart - rendering them useless for their purpose.

Thank u so much that makes sense so to get fullness by putting shorter ones in between the sections fills them up cause the ones I did looked long but sparse even though every possible lash was used if I'd of put 10 in between would that of made them look a lot fuller even though not many lashes left

Do you like D. Curls?
Thanks huni xx

My pleasure.
I personally dont use D curls as I feel they are too curly.
x

My pleasure.
I personally dont use D curls as I feel they are too curly.
x

I won't buy those then :) when my friend came for infills she had lost about a 1/4 of them is that normal?
X

Just wanted to say that the above is completely spot on. However, if you are using 0.10 lashes in thickness not length you can indeed put two lashes to one natural lash. This will only make it a max .20 thickness lash and is totally acceptable and will not overload a healthy lash.

Just wanted to say that the above is completely spot on. However, if you are using 0.10 lashes in thickness not length you can indeed put two lashes to one natural lash. This will only make it a max .20 thickness lash and is totally acceptable and will not overload a healthy lash.

How do I place 2 x 10 mm on 1 natural lash? Do u put one on then put the 2 nd on top of the previous false lash because I was taught to place the lash on top of the natural lash?
;-)

You can attach the lash in anyway that sits best on the natural lash, whether it be on top, underneath or to either side.

The amount your friend lost may be normal for her. It also depends how long it has been since her previous application. Most of my clients still have pretty full lashes after 2-3 weeks, but a few are a nightmare and they practically need a new set at their infill stage.

x

How do I place 2 x 10 mm on 1 natural lash? Do u put one on then put the 2 nd on top of the previous false lash because I was taught to place the lash on top of the natural lash?
;-)

You can place above, beneath, to the side or wrap it around lol

When applying 0.10 lashes you would place one under the lash and one above the lash preferably In two different lengths. This really is an advanced technique so best to experiment with normal lashes before giving yourself more complicated techniques to aster lol xxxxx

Note - ths is using .10 lashes NOT 10mm lashes (10mm is the length, .10 is the thickness ) xx

You can place above, beneath, to the side or wrap it around lol

When applying 0.10 lashes you would place one under the lash and one above the lash preferably In two different lengths. This really is an advanced technique so best to experiment with normal lashes before giving yourself more complicated techniques to aster lol xxxxx

Note - ths is using .10 lashes NOT 10mm lashes (10mm is the length, .10 is the thickness ) xx

I no im trying to run before I can walk :)

Do the lashes dry At funny angles if not placed on top. It's just I find some sit funny like last night I had one that stuck upwards had to take it off

Would baby wipes loosen eyelashes as I had recommended just simple eye make up remover but age used baby wipes first ???

Does Flirties fast drying glue make the lashes last longer or just different cause it dries quicker but same staying power?

I wish I could load pictures do frustrating

Thank u so much for your advice :hug:

I no im trying to run before I can walk :)

Do the lashes dry At funny angles if not placed on top. It's just I find some sit funny like last night I had one that stuck upwards had to take it off

Would baby wipes loosen eyelashes as I had recommended just simple eye make up remover but age used baby wipes first ???

Does Flirties fast drying glue make the lashes last longer or just different cause it dries quicker but same staying power?

I wish I could load pictures do frustrating

Thank u so much for your advice :hug:

Well, my lashes don't dry at a funny angle lol so no :0)

Personally I wouldn't use baby wipes as they do have oils in them, also your client should be removing their makeup from around their lashes, not over their lashes.

Flirties is a very good glue to use, it is fast setting and does have good staying power. I use lash revolution pro + from beauty revolution but have used Flirties and the longevity was very good.

If you have a look at my Facebook page Blinkin Gorgeous I'm pretty sure I have a pic of some .10 lashes there. They are not your regular "uniform" look, more of a fluffy look.

Get your foundations solid and the other techniques will be no problem for you, however, it's good to look at new things as well xxxx

Well, my lashes don't dry at a funny angle lol so no :0)

Personally I wouldn't use baby wipes as they do have oils in them, also your client should be removing their makeup from around their lashes, not over their lashes.

Flirties is a very good glue to use, it is fast setting and does have good staying power. I use lash revolution pro + from beauty revolution but have used Flirties and the longevity was very good.

If you have a look at my Facebook page Blinkin Gorgeous I'm pretty sure I have a pic of some .10 lashes there. They are not your regular "uniform" look, more of a fluffy look.

Get your foundations solid and the other techniques will be no problem for you, however, it's good to look at new things as well xxxx
Thank you huni you've been amazing

Im trying to look at different styles because I want to do a good result on my case studies I hate not doing a good job even though I'm only on my 3 rd set :-(

When I did my training it only covers the basics of course but what I crave is step by step guides on which lengths and thickness of lashes used and where which in turn gives this final result(picture then provided) so I can then go practice practice practice

But I don't have that knowledge to practice

Any thoughts on this? Iv been following show us ur lashes which Is fab but for a newbie I need to know where they put them and how they filled them in or am I looking too much into it?

I did b curl .20 14 and 13 mm on my friend and they looked like spiders because they needed filling (with size .10 I now know) but I'd wished I'd known so I wouldn't of wasted 2 hrs but also I like them to look good

I will look at your FB page thank you huni
Xx

Thank you for all your help too. Il be trying this method Tom evenings client has shortish lashes can I get away with this length and she wears glasses how can I tell how long I can go to without lashes touching the lense;-(

Lashes are addictive :)

Thank you huni you've been amazing

Im trying to look at different styles because I want to do a good result on my case studies I hate not doing a good job even though I'm only on my 3 rd set :-(

When I did my training it only covers the basics of course but what I crave is step by step guides on which lengths and thickness of lashes used and where which in turn gives this final result(picture then provided) so I can then go practice practice practice

But I don't have that knowledge to practice

Any thoughts on this? Iv been following show us ur lashes which Is fab but for a newbie I need to know where they put them and how they filled them in or am I looking too much into it?

I did b curl .20 14 and 13 mm on my friend and they looked like spiders because they needed filling (with size .10 I now know) but I'd wished I'd known so I wouldn't of wasted 2 hrs but also I like them to look good

I will look at your FB page thank you huni
Xx

First of all you must remember that .10 is the thickness not the length :hug:

To do a full set in just 14 and 13s would always look slightly odd Im afraid, you need to go much shorter at the inner corners, So if you were doing a full set in 14/13 you would ideally fill with 12 or 11 lashes and then go down to 11/10 and then down again at the inner corner to 9/8s all in length not thickness.

If in doubt follow the natural lengths of the client, so longer on the outer, middle and then bringing in shorter towards the inner corner.

Who did you train with? They should have given you some templates, please dont be scared to go back to them and ask for help with this. My students are always welcome to contact me with any queries, but then they are taught these things in my courses. :hug:

Thank you for all your help too. Il be trying this method Tom evenings client has shortish lashes can I get away with this length and she wears glasses how can I tell how long I can go to without lashes touching the lense;-(

Lashes are addictive :)

I would really try doing a nice set with 11s the longest, infilling with 9s going down to the inner corner with 9s and 8s

11s will come out quite long for the "normal lash client" especially if your client wears glasses.

You will get a much fuller look using this method, dont be fooled into thinking longer lashes are best, they are not and dont ever under estimate the short lash :hug:

I would really try doing a nice set with 11s the longest, infilling with 9s going down to the inner corner with 9s and 8s

11s will come out quite long for the "normal lash client" especially if your client wears glasses.

You will get a much fuller look using this method, dont be fooled into thinking longer lashes are best, they are not and dont ever under estimate the short lash :hug:

Thank you will write these methods down and practice on b and c curls
Sorry about miss typing .10 is thickness of course ;-)

Xx

Everything blinking gorgeous has said is really good and really in depth and should help you On your way to becoming a fab lasher!

Def avoid those full sets and all one length they will look spidery and you want your clients lashes to look full

Remember length doesn't equal thick and glam I find that they don't last as long either and tend to twist and curl round one another looking messy so like to keep them shorter and fuller.

There's a knack to getting them off the strip the best way to describe it is i don't pull them off in the same way as normal single lashes I kind of put my tweezers underneath and push it off then apply as normal
I waded a fair few strips in getting used to applying these although I tend not uk use many I prefer to use 2 0.7mm thickness or 0.10mm thickness and apply that way, this wouldn't be too heavy as at a max it would be equal to a 0.20mm thick lash

Everything blinking gorgeous has said is really good and really in depth and should help you On your way to becoming a fab lasher!

Def avoid those full sets and all one length they will look spidery and you want your clients lashes to look full

Remember length doesn't equal thick and glam I find that they don't last as long either and tend to twist and curl round one another looking messy so like to keep them shorter and fuller.

Hi bonkers

They did twist around when she came for her infills :-( some pointing funny angles.

I guess it's trial and error and il learn as I go along :)

I'm doing another set tonight so will try the correct way and see the difference

X

Latest posts

Back