How to get this grey/lilac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
I have a client who started off black, we have had a fair few sessions of pre lightening her hair to remove it all and to try and get to a clear blonde. As you can see from the images, the top of her hair has lightened really well but the ends have just seemed to give up. This client has been desperate to get the silver/lilac look and has been begging me to just put it on and see if it works, I've told her that the gold at the bottom will see come through but she was determined to give it a ago. I used the igora silver mixed with the igora lilac grey and as I said the gold has come through!
What can I do now to cover that with a nice lilac/ grey colour. I can't lighten the ends anymore, it has simply given up.
We keep cutting an inch off every 6 weeks roughly so she knows it won't be forever, it's just where the previous black has grabbed.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455443927.606296.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455443937.786629.jpg

Theres absolutely nothing you can do but lighten them more if you're going for grey. It needs to be a clean 10.

Didn't think there was a solution other than that! Thanks anyway!

Could you recommend a good bleach that could maybe lighten it some more, I've just been using igora at the moment?

Could you recommend a good bleach that could maybe lighten it some more, I've just been using igora at the moment?

Blondor is always the way forward for me!

Silk lift is gentle, you can get an ash based version of it too but it costs a fair whack, blondor & olaplex one more time I would do, however you need to be realistic and give in to the fact that that colour is so stuck in there it may never come out, putting lilacs etc on there will only neutralise for a little while, it needs a clean 10 for what you want

Thank you both for your help. I'll give the blondor a go first and see how it does, would you recommend blondor for scalp application too?

Thank you both for your help. I'll give the blondor a go first and see how it does, would you recommend blondor for scalp application too?

Yep. And blondor soft blonde cream is lovely for on scalp too!

Brilliant, I appreciate your help

So, the lady was back in yesterday, I pre lightened again with blondor and got it to a very clear blonde! I put the silver/grey on all over, took beautiful around the top again but completely let go on the ends?! Why is this?
Do I need to give the ends time to settle because of how much bleach it has had on? It looked like it had taken beautifully when the colour was on but as soon as I rinsed it's just completely come out

So, the lady was back in yesterday, I pre lightened again with blondor and got it to a very clear blonde! I put the silver/grey on all over, took beautiful around the top again but completely let go on the ends?! Why is this?
Do I need to give the ends time to settle because of how much bleach it has had on? It looked like it had taken beautifully when the colour was on but as soon as I rinsed it's just completely come out

Her ends may be so porous that they won't hold onto any colour.

Did you use anti oxy?

When I first did mine this happened to me grabbed on the ends in some places and not in others I got hold of olaplex number 3 and used that once a week till I re did the colour. I also applied to mids and ends first and then went back and did the root and made sure I properly saturated the mids and ends with colour x

Her ends may be so porous that they won't hold onto any colour.

Did you use anti oxy?
No I didn't, I should have though [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back