How to give advice...and take it!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baggybear I can't see anything wrong in your post either x

Why would you not participate?

What is it in my post that makes you feel this way? Please tell me as I have no idea what I said that could have made anyone feel bad and that was not my intention at all.

Yep, I'm lost on that one too Baggybear. I didn't read anything offensive in your post, I thought it was fair and well put.

Me too, totally lost on the reaction to that, I actually thought baggybear put this very eloquently and diplomatically, I even repped her for it because I thought the way she came across and what she said was great and spot on :wink2: Think people need to heed her advice and read things in a more positive way. Step back, leave it a day, maybe even 2, then read it again and see if you think it still comes across in the same way. I know when I've done this before I almost feel embarrassed at how I reacted before.....

Why would you not participate?

What is it in my post that makes you feel this way? Please tell me as I have no idea what I said that could have made anyone feel bad and that was not my intention at all.

Baggy, there was absolutely nothing in your post to warrant the response received.

This is a prime example of why so many SG members are becoming ghosts. I'm on here less and less because of bullsh*t like this. There is too much hyper-sensitivity.

If the OP had taken your advice, Baggy, and read your post with a smile on her face, nothing negative would have been inferred. However, it appears she read into it something completely different that what was actually there.

Sad. She's going to miss out on so much.

Ok how bout this... Everyone just read everything in Christopher Walken's voice. If you get offended by anything Christopher Walken says, then you have some serious emotional/personal problems you need to work out cuz NOBODY would normally get mad at anything Christopher Walken says. :)

Ok how bout this... Everyone just read everything in Christopher Walken's voice. If you get offended by anything Christopher Walken says, then you have some serious emotional/personal problems you need to work out cuz NOBODY would normally get mad at anything Christopher Walken says. :)

Or....Or...in an Elmer Fudd voice.

Ev-we-one just weed ev-we-thing in a Chwistophfur Walken voice.

I like that. Takes the edge off.

This is a prime example of why so many SG members are becoming ghosts. I'm on here less and less because of bullsh*t like this. There is too much hyper-sensitivity.

I'm with you on that. All this emo-ness and "omg you're so mean. You think you're so high and mighty. I'm never coming on here again!" crapola is really chapping my backside. And I haven't even been here that long. I could only imagine how the veteran geeks feel. I can slowly see less and less of the ones with GOOD advice ghosting because people don't want GOOD advice. They want NICE advice. :irked: Sorry, people who want nice advice, but the only thing you'll have left after chasing off good advisors is a site full of nice people with bad advice. (Yes... I have seen nice responses with bad advice.) I mean why should we even care about tone?! Why are we even adding a tone to a stranger's written word? Do you KNOW the person THAT well to know what type of tone they're writing to you with? I saw a response on a previous thread and I thought it was brilliant! If you were to walk into a salon and ask a professional, in person, for the same advice you ask for on here, how do YOU think it would go? Something to think about before getting all emo and hating what you read on here. People on here talking about professionalism and ect. How professional is it to get worked up over a bunch of words? /endrant.

Baggy, there was absolutely nothing in your post to warrant the response received.

If the OP had taken your advice, Baggy, and read your post with a smile on her face, nothing negative would have been inferred. However, it appears she read into it something completely different that what was actually there.

Sad. She's going to miss out on so much.

Hey baby gwal this post is gonna lead to lockdown, I mean the emotion is kinda OTT :)

Yeah I said I weren't gonna post, but I did, so there lol

I'm with you on that. All this emo-ness and "omg you're so mean. You think you're so high and mighty. I'm never coming on here again!" crapola is really chapping my backside. And I haven't even been here that long. I could only imagine how the veteran geeks feel. I can slowly see less and less of the ones with GOOD advice ghosting because people don't want GOOD advice. They want NICE advice. :irked: Sorry, people who want nice advice, but the only thing you'll have left after chasing off good advisors is a site full of nice people with bad advice. (Yes... I have seen nice responses with bad advice.) I mean why should we even care about tone?! Why are we even adding a tone to a stranger's written word? Do you KNOW the person THAT well to know what type of tone they're writing to you with? I saw a response on a previous thread and I thought it was brilliant! If you were to walk into a salon and ask a professional, in person, for the same advice you ask for on here, how do YOU think it would go? Something to think about before getting all emo and hating what you read on here. People on here talking about professionalism and ect. How professional is it to get worked up over a bunch of words? /endrant.

Interesting point of view. Can it get any better than this?

Hey baby gwal this post is gonna lead to lockdown, I mean the emotion is kinda OTT :)

Yeah I said I weren't gonna post, but I did, so there lol

See, you don't even know me. If you even took the time to get to know me, you'd know this isn't OTT and that this wasn't even directed at you. I was talking about people who are too hyper-sensitive. If you feel the shoe fit, well.....

You are reading tone and direction into a post and it isn't there. I'm not even like that, but you don't know me. And that's what I said in my previous post. Get to know each of us before you cast judgement.

I didn't get my SG reputation for being a b*tch, you know. I was given that reputation by individuals who didn't read tone into posts and who didn't take things personally.

I'm cool and everything but you seriously need to check yourself.

Interesting point of view. Can it get any better than this?

Are you becoming an internet troll Lorraine? LOL.
( Before you take offence check wikipedia)
You are certainly whipping things up. I am with Chickafish on this one though, but thanks for posting such provocative messages it "gets the juices flowing" just a shame it hasn't become a lively debate rather than someone just trying to throw the spanner in the works.
Initially you seemed so enlightened so peace and light to you:hug:

Hope I dont get sent to the naughty step for this one it certainly isn't meant as a direct attack, more of a tongue in cheek remark

See, you don't even know me. If you even took the time to get to know me, you'd know this isn't OTT and that this wasn't even directed at you. I was talking about people who are too hyper-sensitive. If you feel the shoe fit, well.....

You are reading tone and direction into a post and it isn't there. I'm not even like that, but you don't know me. And that's what I said in my previous post. Get to know each of us before you cast judgement.

I didn't get my SG reputation for being a b*tch, you know. I was given that reputation by individuals who didn't read tone into posts and who didn't take things personally.

Oh no I am gutted now,I have been aspiring to get onto your b*tch list and now you are insinuating that it is a bad thing ?
I thought things were going well:sad:

Oh no I am gutted now,I have been aspiring to get onto your b*tch list and now you are insinuating that it is a bad thing ?
I thought things were going well:sad:

Girl, didn't you know....you've been on there. :wink2:

Well I'm still lost what caused upset in my post LorraineE, it seems others are at a loss to see it too, so please do enlighten me as I really do want to know.

I'm definitely missing something here. I think maybe someone is trying to wind you all up....and it seems to be working. Take no notice. I think the rest of us are all on the same page. :)

Baggybear your posts are always helpful and you seem to have endless patience helping people, me included, with their tan questions!
I don't agree with everyone saying you cant read tone in the written word though, and i think there's a few authors who would be upset to hear that lol! I think you can quite often tell by some posts that the geek is being bitchy or unhelpful. There used to be a Canadian geek on here who seemed to go out of her way to be rude to everyone and i tried being objective and reading her posts with a smile but she was just nasty!
But even when a thread is hijacked by trolls and rude replies, theres normally some good replies from the nice geeks too so i think its a case of taking the helpful advice and not worrying about the people who only want to be mean. Its not like we need to work with them thank god!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well I'm still lost what caused upset in my post LorraineE, it seems others are at a loss to see it too, so please do enlighten me as I really do want to know.

Funny how you weren't quoted from your first response on this baggy but Gr8nailz and Chika's comments were quoted and responded to, so it just leads me to think that this member is just trying to cause trouble that isn't there, and THAT, in my book, is trolling.
We don't do trolling here, so if that is your intention, I suggest you do it somewhere else :wink2:

OK'd

Well as I'm now being totally ignored by LoraineE, I shall take it that there was NOTHING in my initial post and that LoraineE's reaction was OTT and totally unnecesary.

Thankfully I am not a 'touchy' geek who reads too much into posts as I might have ended up being quite upset.

As it happens I was not busy this evening, well no more than the normal - cooking for my boyfriend, myself & the 4 children, running a home and stuff you know the daily tasks, so I have time to be popping on here and checking who has what to say.

I would have liked to have a reply but will chalk it up to experience and try not to hold a grudge about it. You never know 1 day I may be the 1 to know the answer to a a burning question she wants answering quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back