HOW to make a 4yr old eat????? HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does it really matter if she takes along time???

Regrettably, it does matter.
Especially at breakfast when I have to get the eldest ready to go off to school and on her as well, on her days to go to preschool.... and I really refuse to get up at 5 or 6am to suit her when I work late at night. 6:30 is the best I can manage and that's a struggle. 7 is better when I work so late.

Or when we go out to a fast-food restaurant if we're out and about... etc...
1hr or more is simply ridiculous.

I feel bad for her too, but what to do?

then why not give her a glass of milk, then the box of cheerios to munch at out of the box, she can then take the box with her on the way to school or wherever??

or take the cheerios away when you have to go and give her a cereal bar to chew on on the go?

if you make a big deal out of these things she will become problematic about food in the future in my opinion

again jmho

relax victoria xxxx

then why not give her a glass of milk, then the box of cheerios to munch at out of the box, she can then take the box with her on the way to school or wherever??

or take the cheerios away when you have to go and give her a cereal bar to chew on on the go?

if you make a big deal out of these things she will become problematic about food in the future in my opinion

again jmho

relax victoria xxxx

i agree if this is being made into such an issue ...and she knows it is causing problems.....then she is going to have a bigger isuue as she gets older....someone close to me had a big issue with food and started seeing a counciler at school over it....she stopped eating her mum was worried even checking in with her friends parents when she went to tea at friends houses to check she ate....not because she had an issue with how she looked, but from being watched whilst she ate................
a glass of milk and a banana in the car on the way to school......would be good...just be careful or your daughter may get bigger isuues with food from you and her dad.........and if it gets worse its becasue of others not herself....
I have 3 boys and whilst i am not mother of the year......if paul my youngest takes longer over his food.....then he takes longer over his food...i would never have a go at him over that........punish him becasue he eats less or doesnt eat as fast.
i am not having a go but meal times must be so stressful for your little girl.....people wacthing her and discussing her punishing her then not punishing her ....it would out me off eating

That's what I said to my hubby, that all this stress at the dinner table is NOT good for anyone. It's more him, than myself, that wants to punish her for not eating. The whole "throwing out good food" issue:rolleyes: Drives me INSANE.
I HATE the battles, and HATE having to tell him to chill out all the time, while I'm trying all that I know to get her to eat.

As I said, I'll give her a time limit, and if she's not done, oh well, wait until the next meal. I don't feel giving her snacks in between is appropriate because when I grew up, if you didn't clean your plate, or at least make a darn good effort, there was no dessert. Also, if it's something she doesn't like, she'll choose not to eat it, in favour of a snack later. AGain, I grew up that you eat what's in front of you, don't like it, too bad. I don't believe in different meals for different members of the family, know what I mean?

Thanks again for ALL of your input.
I will stop making a fuss, and put my foot down with hubby about the fuss that he is making too. I dont want her developing 'issues' later on.

:hug::hug::hug:

i had a similar problem with my young son, he was very slim and ate so slowly. He also had a lot of sore throats and tonsilitis.

The doctor told me to look at his tonsils with his lamp, and the tonsils were meeting in the middle, this was why he ate so slowly.

Once he had the tonsils removed, he ate much faster.

Btw he is 14 now and 6ft tall, and of course soooo handsome (all mums think this about their offspring, but its true, really really):lol:

Latest posts

Back