How To Make Money In Your Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I AM FULLY BOOKED RIGHT UP UNTIL 1ST NOVEMBER.....not one single appointment..not even half an hour!

Well done on being fully booked! Is this as a result of your groupon offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Lynne

NO .....i normally,well over the last 5 months,have a 5-6 week waiting for an appointment....without groupon...

although groupon has had added to my....lets say stress....it has been very busy but really has caused me more trouble then its worth i think

thanks Lynne

NO .....i normally,well over the last 5 months,have a 5-6 week waiting for an appointment....without groupon...

although groupon has had added to my....lets say stress....it has been very busy but really has caused me more trouble then its worth i think

I have a question to ask; I am not being facetious, I have a naturally curious mind and I would genuinely like to know why you did a Groupon deal if you were previously booked solid for 5-6 weeks?

I had a quick look at your Groupon thread and read that you are getting paid £8 for mani and pedi (2 hours work) and you have sold 130 of these deals, so have committed yourself to 260 hours work for just over £1000.

It just doesn't make sense to me...?

I have a question to ask; I am not being facetious, I have a naturally curious mind and I would genuinely like to know why you did a Groupon deal if you were previously booked solid for 5-6 weeks?

I had a quick look at your Groupon thread and read that you are getting paid £8 for mani and pedi (2 hours work) and you have sold 130 of these deals, so have committed yourself to 260 hours work for just over £1000.

It just doesn't make sense to me...?

I was actually wondering that aswell :)

i MEANT to add that onto my previos post a few posts up....

The whole gropuon thing was completely more hassle then its worth because i AM so fully booked up already...was really badly planned and bad timing....there are lots of catches,as i have discovered,doing a groupon....and me and Tony(my other half) have argued till i am blue in the face about me doing the whole groupon thing

i MEANT to add that onto my previos post a few posts up....

The whole gropuon thing was completely more hassle then its worth because i AM so fully booked up already...was really badly planned and bad timing....there are lots of catches,as i have discovered,doing a groupon....and me and Tony(my other half) have argued till i am blue in the face about me doing the whole groupon thing

Yeah they are a total nightmare doing those vouchers! Alot of the people just buy vouchers from anywhere and will never pay full price. I used to find in my old salon that alot of them hardly even knew what they were in for and they would hardly ever tip the girls either. As opposed to full paying clients that are more appreciative!

Very amazing!
This article offers a lot of information to its readers and co-members here.
Thanks!

Does the current “window dressing” of your shop window, portray you as a vibrant and dynamic Hair Salon to current clients and those many passer-by’s? There is a better way of achieving this sought after “influence” along with many additional benefits, and done in a more stylish and proactive fashion.

Digital Signage; has the power to attract attention, boost sales and avoid the costs associated with static, non-digital methods for presenting your services and promotions. Discover as many others have, the real benefits, savings and increased sales that exist within those pixels.

Not only will it provide you with a “prime promotional space” on the High Street, it will also raise your profile, by introducing an elevated level of energy and vitality to any shop front, adding a fresh look to your business premises. A more “high-end” appearance, this is easily achieved by any small business - with a vision and desire to stand out from your competitors.
Smart expenditure, on this type of technology provides you with a real affordable advantage in tough times. And far from being a luxury, these screens can save considerable costs and so offer fast ROI - particularly for customer-facing businesses.

Our strategically placed screens can alert customers to promotions, sales or discounts available, something that the customer might otherwise be unaware of. Immediacy and relevancy is the key – a person who reads about a discount in a Newspaper or sees it on a TV advertisement while at home may forget about it by the time they head out to do the shopping. But an ad placed in the context of the shop itself, helps the customer remember it and perhaps take advantage of it – a win win situation for the service provider and the customer alike.

The fact is we’ve been trained to look at screens for our information i.e. we watch TV for our News, we’re on our Desktops/Laptops all day, and now into Smart Phones. The screen has become our source.

Digital Signage, will allow you to display your cutting edge hair styles (colouring and cutting techniques) to passer-by’s on the High Street. Advertise any special offers and promotions, such as Daily Cut & Style Offers, Models Required, Prom Night Offers and Valentine’s Day (Seasonal and Festive Points), Product of the month, accessories, tools and offers (Gift Vouchers).

Invite passer-by’s into your shop i.e. use the following strap line “Pick up in store today, or visit our online shop” along with images of your products/services on offer. Ask yourself “Do people, really have to make an appointment, before you can upsell your products to them?” Not anymore!

You’re losing out on big profits, from not adopting this promotional strategy. Those who are willing to innovate today will always find a place in the world of tomorrow.

Now, that's how to upsell!

Kind Regards,
Gerry

We offer our clients a referral scheme - bring 3 clients to have the same treatment as you & they get their next trestment for free

It works wonders :)

@ HWilliams

Happy you liked it, please feel free to contact me:

Tel: 01553 763 192

Email: [email protected]

kind Regards,

Gerry

Absolutely love this thread thanks so much for great advice xxx

Really good article, do you think this would also work for mobile? x

Latest posts

Back