How to make your own nail decals/transfers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacylouise

Reaction score
Does anyone know how you would make nail transfers or have a tutorial on them, i assume it would be a specific paper and an editing program but im just wondering how they would be made and how you would get the curve at the bottom?. I think if you were able to make them yourself you wouldn't be limited to just there designs xx

type into google .. the nail bird ebay .. its the full length nail design with like celebs on it or whatever or pretty patterns lol x

Last edited:
Thank you <3 <3 xx

i had a look and figured out how to do them ect but im needing like a general sizing template thing :( x

Last edited:
You can also make decals using gel polish. Simply apply your design to a clear ziplock Baggie and cure. Try to keep the design very thin so it's easier for you to mold it to the nail. Simply peel "decal" from baggie, lie it on the nail and apply gel top coat. You can use this same method using regular polish too, except apply it to wax paper and let dry. Peel from paper, trim to fit nail, smooth and apply top coat. This method isn't for intricate designs that you would get with a computer, but it's fun. I like to do hearts, shamrocks, skulls, etc. I usually apply 2 coats of top coat to keep my clients from picking at it also.

Latest posts

Back