How to promote gel enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
hi, just been reading a few threads on here about Gels v Acrylics and thought id add my question...

im trained in Acrylics only, but am having trouble with my skin and fumes etc so was considering training in gel ehancements. I know that Acrylic is the harder wearing out of the two, but what are the other differences?

eg... if a customer asks for acrylics, what do i say to convert them to gel, the benefits/differences etc?

people do automatically ask for acrylics, but as pointed out this is maybe because thats all they know about etc. If i was to withdraw acrylics and only do gel enhancements would this be viable do you think?

i think that most people just want extensions .
if the last time they had extensions on and the nail tech used l&p (acrylic) then that's what they will ask for maybe not knowing the difference.
i would just explain that you can do extensions with either and have equally good results with both.
if you are professional and confident in your approach most people will go with what you recommend.
i started with l&p myself and loved it but then got into gels and seldom do l&p now at all. but i would still offer l&P as an option as you are trained in it, have products etc so why not.

Marking this for later x

i use gel and most clients that are used to l&p like the fact it is odourless so thats a marketing point... x

so would you say that it dosent really matter which system i use? if a client wants length added just automatically do gels?

I know nothing at the moment about gels (im looking into courses now) but i understand the buff off gels are the strongest for enhancements?

how are people finding the Harmony Gelish Hard Gel?

thanks

Latest posts

Back