How to promote my home salon the right way?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aisling89

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve officially been open 3 weeks it’s a home based beauty salon. I have a paid yell ad and have Facebook and Instagram. I’m just thinking if anyone has any major tips I’m missing on promoting myself and getting my business out there?
Thanks in advance :)

hi,
I make sure I always post daily, whether it be a quote, or a story on Instagram and Facebook. I use hashtags in my Instagram posts related to gel nails. I also find it very helpful asking people to share my page (some people just don't and thats ok) but sometimes a share from one person might just get you an extra 2 customers, however, you can't always rely on people to give you a bit of help like a page like or a share haha!
My advice is to always make your posts engaging. On Instagram I post stories of a nail colour for example, and then put an interactive poll, question, heart metre etc, which allows my customers to really engage with me. Hope this helps! x

They key to ALL social media is engagement. Your platforms only show your posts to a small percentage of the people that follow you. If you get engagement like likes, shares or comments, then the platforms recognise that it must be good quality content and shows it to more people. Make sure you are always giving them something to react to, and remember to keep your hashtags local so you have people who might actually book with you seeing your posts rather than someone at the other end of the country.

One mistake I see a lot is people copying their Instagram posts to Facebook. DON'T DO IT! Instagram works through people searching hashtags, so you can use up to 30 on each post, but Facebook doesn't like them. Having 1-2 on each Facebook post but any more than that will cause your reach to drop off a cliff.

hi,
I make sure I always post daily, whether it be a quote, or a story on Instagram and Facebook. I use hashtags in my Instagram posts related to gel nails. I also find it very helpful asking people to share my page (some people just don't and thats ok) but sometimes a share from one person might just get you an extra 2 customers, however, you can't always rely on people to give you a bit of help like a page like or a share haha!
My advice is to always make your posts engaging. On Instagram I post stories of a nail colour for example, and then put an interactive poll, question, heart metre etc, which allows my customers to really engage with me. Hope this helps! x

Thank you l, simple but such good ideas because I engage myself in those things on other people’s insta. Il defo have a go at them [emoji846]

Hi,
Since it has been only 3 weeks since you have opened your salon I would recommend not to pay for ads just yet, but to increase relevance and popularity on your advertising sites; try to gain followers. After you have established a good foundation then you can continue with paid advertising.

Latest posts

Back