How to promote Xagerrate /Myscara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I say 75 as I know for a fact this is what some London techs charge and good luck to them if they can get it i suppose. Anyhoo I am not getting into Ping Pong...Each to their own xx ;)

I'm saying it is way off the chart and not typical. A list salons who can get it good luck to them but not at all typical to quote it as a general statistic. Most are no way in that league and we need to be real and speak to the mass which most of us are.

And only some choose to go to salons and the facts are that for nail polish services 85% do not they DI themselves.

I'm saying it is way off the chart and not typical. A list salons who can get it good luck to them but not at all typical to quote it as a general statistic.

Just used to show extremes that can happen area by area when it comes to pricing. The average charge for a soak off nail treatment here is 25. But I accept your point and how my comment may be seen.

I had great sales training from Ford Motor Company when I was in Fleet Car Sales. They taught never assume your clients wants and needs, and NEVER decide how much they can afford. Remember that great scene in Pretty Woman "big mistake, HUGE"

Whether or not SPM is here to stay only time will tell. However not everyone applies mascara every day, and I am one of those! We shouldn't assume everyone is the same and does not need this service. Personally I think Minx is the pig ugliest thing known to feet and yet it's very popular so don't judge a product because you have no need for it!!

Not everyone likes the look of EE but wants more than a tint so this is great for those clients.

I remember years ago seeing a news item on tv. Someone was bringing nail franchises to the UK and said there would be a nail bar on every high street. I remember thinking that will never catch on !!!!:o

As for recouping costs I did that in my first month, pretty good return for effectively what is a start up business!!!!

Great post Sassy :)

70-90 treatments! how big are the bottles. I have just asked this question to Flirties and they quoted 20-30 sets per kit (1 bottle of bonding agent and 1 bottle of micro fibres) ans they are 10ml bottles.

Do you mind me asking what you do for the mini conditioning eye treatment?

Firm, tone & brighten cream, gentle exfoliation and a calming masque

:D

70-90 treatments! how big are the bottles. I have just asked this question to Flirties and they quoted 20-30 sets per kit (1 bottle of bonding agent and 1 bottle of micro fibres) ans they are 10ml bottles.

The Myscara is 20 ml with the fibres already in, only just done my training so will be interesting to see how many sets I can get out of 1 bottle x

The Myscara is 20 ml with the fibres already in, only just done my training so will be interesting to see how many sets I can get out of 1 bottle x

90 apps is based on 2 applications, some may want more, some less but the average is 2. You are correct re the fibres which means you can layer gradually rather than mixing which makes it very economical as you use such a small amount each layer and can show your client the look after each one.

Completely agree, especially when my semi permanent lashes start at £40. I charge £25 for CryBaby.

However, I don't think it will make it to the consumer market as it isn't a treatment you can do on yourself (and believe me, i've tried)! Ended up looking like the elephant man!! LOL

It is definitely an "eyes closed" treatment so I think it's unlikely that it will be available for clients to do at home. (Thank Goodness)!

I have also found that clients choose one treatment or the other. My regular lash girls aren't interested in CryBaby (except for bottom lashes) and girls who I lost because they didn't get on with lash extensions are now coming back to me for Semi Permanent Mascara.

Couldn't agree more!. X

Completely agree, especially when my semi permanent lashes start at £40. I charge £25 for CryBaby.

However, I don't think it will make it to the consumer market as it isn't a treatment you can do on yourself (and believe me, i've tried)! Ended up looking like the elephant man!! LOL

It is definitely an "eyes closed" treatment so I think it's unlikely that it will be available for clients to do at home. (Thank Goodness)!

I have also found that clients choose one treatment or the other. My regular lash girls aren't interested in CryBaby (except for bottom lashes) and girls who I lost because they didn't get on with lash extensions are now coming back to me for Semi Permanent Mascara.

agree

Surely girls once they develop the fume free products, which have already been mentioned are in the pipeline, it will just be a matter of time before someone brings out one where the public can stick their eyes together with:eek:

I have thought long and hard about this and have decided that I can add this to my treatments fairly easily and make my money back quickly. Once my clients have me doing this treatment for them I have more chance to keep them with me and hopefully they won't be able to do it as well if something similar is released for the public. :)

Surely girls once they develop the fume free products, which have already been mentioned are in the pipeline, it will just be a matter of time before someone brings out one where the public can stick their eyes together with:eek:

I have thought long and hard about this and have decided that I can add this to my treatments fairly easily and make my money back quickly. Once my clients have me doing this treatment for them I have more chance to keep them with me and hopefully they won't be able to do it as well if something similar is released for the public. :)

I can't even imagine trying to do it on myself, but then I have poor eyesight for very closeup work on myself and could see me getting in a very sticky mess ...kinda like when i tried to do my own Hollywood wax .. brings tears to my eyes just thinking about that one!!

The salon has been flooded with enquiries since we launched MYscara, and also with bookings. The great thing is it is bringing new clients to us and are booking for other treatments too (especially permanent makeup), so should this turn out to be a "flash in the pan" treatment (which I doubt) we can only be on a win win situation anyway.

And to the original poster, many people really don't like the look of EEs. I advertised in my local womens mag with an editorial with it, they added pics without my knowledge and they were of EEs. We had a lot of people say they didn't like how full and "cow-like" :eek: they looked!!!!!! They want something more subtle, love the idea of a mascara look that they are either unable to, or can't be bothered with doing every day. Also so many of my MYscara clients have had EEs and said they were coming out in the first few days which they will do with the natural exfoliation process of the eyelash. MYscara shouldn't budge for at least two weeks (well it didn't on mine after 3!)

I believe if you can tint, EE and SPM then you have the answer to every womans' eyelash solutions!! Similar really to be able to do a good polish, gel polish or nail extensions ... horses for courses!!

i would agree and it s well worth the money. Whilest lash extensions should be charged at anything between £85_£125 (at the current climate obviously a bit less) i think the semi permanent mascara ranges a bit more like express lashes which need to be removed and reapplied every two weeks but not every one likes the wear of extensions and for the same price you can get the upper and lower lashes done and have a complete look, not only for holidays but for everyday wear.

Received my kit this morning, thank you Britta so just got my training to do and I will be raring to go. Lots of clients expressing a big interest as well and they feel a lot of their friends and family will be interested as well. Really looking forward to getting going! :biggrin:

I had great sales training from Ford Motor Company when I was in Fleet Car Sales. They taught never assume your clients wants and needs, and NEVER decide how much they can afford. Remember that great scene in Pretty Woman "big mistake, HUGE"

Whether or not SPM is here to stay only time will tell. However not everyone applies mascara every day, and I am one of those! We shouldn't assume everyone is the same and does not need this service. Personally I think Minx is the pig ugliest thing known to feet and yet it's very popular so don't judge a product because you have no need for it!!

I rarely wear mascara. Not even with full eye make-up. Reason being I have short, straight eyelashes and you can't really see them. Even when I curl my lashes they drop almost instantly. I also touch my eyes a lot. When I wear lashes I don't touch the top lashes but always the bottom.

I had MYscara done and it was pretty good. Could touch my eyes all I wanted and the MYscara was fine. I personally still prefer natural look lashes but can see a place for semi perm mascara.

We launched in quite a big way, and have done 38 myscara's in the first month. Have covered all costs of training, equipment, staff pay and made a decent profit all within the first month.

I think it is important to jump quickly into new treatments before the messers get their hands on it. Being the first to have new stuff is what my salon is known for.

May as well make money from the novelty factor!

still so difficult trying to decide who to train with though, have decided to take a step back and see what happens .. ive done enough jumping in feet first just lately, been hard decision but im being strict with myself on this one!

still so difficult trying to decide who to train with though, have decided to take a step back and see what happens .. ive done enough jumping in feet first just lately, been hard decision but im being strict with myself on this one!

Good plan..always good to see some feedback. We at MYscara have some in our group here and on our various MYscara facebook pages if it helps. We are open for inspection :biggrin::wink2:

We launched in quite a big way, and have done 38 myscara's in the first month. Have covered all costs of training, equipment, staff pay and made a decent profit all within the first month.

I think it is important to jump quickly into new treatments before the messers get their hands on it. Being the first to have new stuff is what my salon is known for.

May as well make money from the novelty factor!

May I ask how you launched the SPM please? I have just booked my training for next week, (very excited) and have some ideas regarding "exciting new treatment coming soon", but any other ideas would be gratefully received. thanks

I'm sure they will She but I'm hoping that the fume free one will be the same as the low odour eyelash adhesives, ie although the products have less fumes, the final result isn't quite as long lasting.

We all know there is no such thing as a low odour eyelash glue which lasts anywhere as long as the "fumey" ones (I wish there was)!

Hopefully, there will still be a good number of clients who will always prefer to have the better, longer lasting products professionally applied.

I can paint my nails at home for pennies but I choose to go and have Shellac applied every 2-3 weeks at a local salon.

Hopefully people will feel the same about Semi Permanent Mascara.

Latest posts

Back