How to remove all hard wax out of pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IslandA

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove and clean my refillable pots that I use for hard wax. I'm switching between waxes a lot and would like to be able to clean them out and use with different wax.

I don't have any wax cleaner but I was under the impression it only works with soft wax ( don't ask me why lol thought I read it somewhere)
Could I heat up the little wax that is left and maybe mix some oil into it and dab it up with paper towel or something lol.

I just want a fresh clean pot and I've just been buying new ones but if I can't get them cleaned I will never use them again as I wasn't a fan of the wax I used in them.
I did try looking this up but everything I seen was about soft wax.

Tia

Put your wax pots on full blast heat, scrape out as much wax as you can and then clean the pots with wax solvent and a wax strip - the Depileve orange solvent is really good.

I put it on Highest Hit and once its really hot spray wax equipment cleaner on Strips and wipe around works great.....

Last edited:
I do the same....high heat except I use big cottonwood pads & baby oil.

Don't use a steel scourer on your wax bucket liner, you are damaging the surface integrity of the container therefore producing micro grooves for dirt / bacteria to hide.

Latest posts

Back