How to remove fungal medicine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewMe

Reaction score
Hello, I have been applying Cicloporox for toenail fungus to my toenails and some surrounding skin. The directions say to remove it every seven days with alcohol and it's probably gone longer than that occasionally. Alcohol does nothing to remove it. Even soaking it in alcohol does nothing to remove it. Soaking it in straight vinegar for over an hour will not remove it. Neither will nail polish remover. I'm pretty sure lime a way or a blowtorch or a jackhammer would not work either.

I might as well have poured cement over my feet. It would have looked better. Because this medicine is way more gross looking than the toes.

Does anyone have a magic solution? At least when I was soaking them in vinegar, I could apply nail polish. Although it didn't cure the problem, which arose after I had vascular surgery and had to wear compression socks, and didn't know about open toed socks.

Hoping someone here will have a fix. Thank you. =)

Acetone? Most nail Polish removers are acetone free these days.

Thank you. I'll try it again and take a look once it dries. The skin around it and the cuticles are stubborn. It's like cement.

It's helping a little, on the nails, but the cuticles and the skin around it still have some on it.

I would get cotton pads and soak them with acetone and put them on the nail and cover with foil and leave for like 5 mins then try and scrape the stuff off just like removing gel polish really

Latest posts

Back