How to remove purple shampoo?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeccaAmanda

Reaction score
Hi I’m not a hairdresser but I’ve recently bleached my hair myself. It’s come out lovely but slightly yellow and I want it platinum white. I saw a YouTube video where someone put purple shampoo onto dry hair and left it for an hour and then washed it with bicarb and shampoo and it came out white. I’ve just done this and the purple is not coming out at all! What can I do?

For a start, don’t take advice from YouTube numpties. ;)

Please don’t use bicarbonate or any household cleaning products on your hair. Advice about stripping colour using products like washing up Liquid is just ridiculous. You’ll end up with extremely damaged hair that way and possible some degree of breakage.

Depending on what strength developer you used to bleach your hair, you may have trashed the cuticle layer in places and the dye in the purple shampoo could have stained it. If it’s only slightly purple, it will probably shampoo out but it will leave your hair very dry. Use lots of moisturising products and wait until your usual hairdresser is open.

Latest posts

Back