How to remove UV gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanned85

Reaction score
I did a set of uv gel nails for my aunty before xmas she now wants them off but we have soaked them and the tips come off but the gel will not budge! So now i am thinking is the gel buff off not soak off. I am using the Edge and it does not say if it is buff or soak off ;-/

I did a set of uv gel nails for my aunty before xmas she now wants them off but we have soaked them and the tips come off but the gel will not budge! So now i am thinking is the gel buff off not soak off. I am using the Edge and it does not say if it is buff or soak off ;-/

Start buffing! Leave a thin thin layer of gel on the surface so that you do not damage the natural nail and let it grow out naturally.

Start buffing! Leave a thin thin layer of gel on the surface so that you do not damage the natural nail and let it grow out naturally.

but she wants a new set at the end of the week ;-/

but she wants a new set at the end of the week ;-/

In that case, Leave a thin thin layer of gel on the surface so that you do not damage the natural nail and then soak the last bit off ... It may or may not take quite a while. Personally, if the thin layer of product is still well on, I would apply the new set over it.

Why is she removing it and wanting a new full set? You should be able to just keep going and not have to remove as long as the product is sound and still looking in good shape.

In that case, Leave a thin thin layer of gel on the surface so that you do not damage the natural nail and then soak the last bit off ... It may or may not take quite a while. Personally, if the thin layer of product is still well on, I would apply the new set over it.

Why is she removing it and wanting a new full set? You should be able to just keep going and not have to remove as long as the product is sound and still looking in good shape.

because she has already had 1 set of infills and she has to have the tips quite short but now her natural nail has grown loads there is hardly any tip left. I have just found out that the gel is buff off only (not happy as i wanted soak off) so do you think its ok if some gel if left?

because she has already had 1 set of infills and she has to have the tips quite short but now her natural nail has grown loads there is hardly any tip left. I have just found out that the gel is buff off only (not happy as i wanted soak off) so do you think its ok if some gel if left?

This is a good thing, yes?:D Can't you infill and file the tip down to the length she wants it - then she has a nno, which is what i personally always work towards. If she has white tips, won't she be happy with white gel to cover the regrowth? Shame to make work for yourself! :wink2:

(Just a thought, if you're happy with The Edge, they do do a soak off.)

The edge soak of gel, does not soak off, I sat for two and half hours once with client trying to soak them off. Got fed up and just filed the rest off.

before i say this i just want to make it clear i am only practicing gel extensions at the moment, i have done my course but am not doing clients yet... lol.... but how do you know when to stop buffing the gel off, i'm always really scared i'm going to buff through the nail, you say leave a thin layer of gel but how do you know? i have nightmares about over buffing!

Hi Dolly,

I use 'the edge' for gel nail extensions also.

When buffing off normally the nail has grown a little & when you buff it you will be able to still see the slight ridge where gel ends & nail starts.

When Ive buffed a bit off the top I use a really fine file to buff the rest off & you don't have to press down to get it off either. keep wiping the nail as you go as well so you can see clearly what you're doing.

Sorry if you know all this already, but this is what works for me :)

Hi Dolly,

I use 'the edge' for gel nail extensions also.

When buffing off normally the nail has grown a little & when you buff it you will be able to still see the slight ridge where gel ends & nail starts.

When Ive buffed a bit off the top I use a really fine file to buff the rest off & you don't have to press down to get it off either. keep wiping the nail as you go as well so you can see clearly what you're doing.

Sorry if you know all this already, but this is what works for me :)

thank you sarah, i suppose its just common sense, something which i tend to lack in lol i'm a buffing machine and when i get started i can't stop, but buffing abit and wiping seems like a really good idea :D

Latest posts

Back