How to remove wax from clothing???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
Stupid, stupid me!

Was waxing my underarms in a hurry just before (with hot wax), and spilt some down the side of my shirt. I let it set slightly, then pulled of what I could but I think I made it worse in one place.

It was a good shirt too. What can I do to remove it? Or is it ruined now?

two things you can try:

put a paper towel over the wax and apply a heated iron to it to lift the rest off..or if you feel it safe to do, try some acetone on it. Most clothing will tolerate acetone without color fadage.

hth's

Thanks so much, I think I will try the iron and paper towel trick first.

The shirt is bright green (with a pink line down the side thanks to me) and delicate looking so I don't know about acetone. I can try it on the inside lining piece if the iron doesn't work.

well hun, as you said.. the shirt is already ruined so any damage the acetone is going to do really isn't going to hurt it anymore :)
When applying the acetone, take a q tip dipped in the acetone, and dab at the wax, then take a papertowel and wipe at it.

Best of luck

I use the paper towel & iron, then I use eucalyptus(sp) oil.

well hun, as you said.. the shirt is already ruined so any damage the acetone is going to do really isn't going to hurt it anymore :)
When applying the acetone, take a q tip dipped in the acetone, and dab at the wax, then take a papertowel and wipe at it.

Best of luck

True, the damage is already done. I'm going to try all of the above tomorrow until one works.

Can't believe I was so careless. I was sitting in the middle of the lounge room doing them when a car full of my boyfriends mates turned up, and I didn't want to get caught by them. Next time I should just wait and get them done at the salon.

surigical spirit.

I have some in a spray bottle, any time i get wax on me i just spray it and rub it off. youcan also run boiling water over it, that will melt it off!

Latest posts

Back