How to remove your artificial nails !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
I dont know if I am going to be told off for posting this information so if it offends then feel free to delete it!

I just felt the need to share it as it just infuriates me when I read such drivel! :mad: :smack:

How are we supposed to gain respect and promote our high standards when the public can be so mis-informed!

I am all for anything that can be done to raise awareness and I cant wait for the 1st consumer mag to come out that is dedicated to nails, and perhaps could clear up all the myths and inform people correctly........:idea: :)

RANT OVER! .........I KNOW I`M NOT ALONE!

<DIV id=content_lobby>
istock_000000796684_l.jpg
Removing artificial nails can be a difficult and painful task. If possible, get artificial nails removed at the salon. Nail technicians us special tools and salon strength products that help remove nails painlessly and effectively. If it is not possible to get to the salon to have your artificial nails removed, consider a few tips to help make the job a bit easier.

Soak Nails to be Removed
First, soak the nails to be removed in warm water for a few minutes. Add a few drops of sesame oil or olive oil for extra moisture if your fingers are already dry. Soaking your nails will prepare them for comfortably being worked with and make sure you do not split or crack your skin.

Loosen the Nail with Non-acetone Nail Polish Remover
Non-acetone remover is less harsh on your natural nails, and should be used before acetone remover to try to soften and loosen the nail. Soak nails in remover for several minutes and rub off polish and top layers of artificial enamel with a cotton rag. Do not soak a nail that has an open cut or scratch to avoid stinging.

Be Careful with Nail Removal Tools
Manicuring tools used to remove artificial nails at home can damage your natural nail that is already weakened due to the artificial nail on top. If you try to use scissors, you could accidentally puncture your nail bed when trying to pry up a piece of acrylic or silicone. Poking and prying with a nail file can rip your nails and pry them away from the skin causing infections. Remember to keep soaking your nails, and start at the beginning of the process several times before expecting the nails to be totally removed.

Use Acetone Remover for Stubborn Nails
Acetone nail polish remover will help loosen and remove what the non-acetone nail polish couldn`t handle. Be careful of cuts on your fingers and use patience when trying to remove the nail.

There is plenty more about letting the 'nails breath' etc but it hasn`t all copied, anyway you get the idea!

<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Oil Your Natural Nails to Help Them Re-hydrate

Last edited:
Where did you see that info Naomi?

I agree with you about there being so much BS and bad info 'out there'... this is where we come in and educate our clients the best way we can, there will however always be those people who won't listen to a word we say :grr:

Found it on a beauty website through Yahoo search!

ooh nasty, never heard of soaking in water!! ha that is laughable

Where did that person train???

The land of makebelieve

Its appauling

What rubbish!
I love the part about the nail already being damaged from the enhancement
errr... no the nail will be damaged after attempting to remove them at home!

Yep appaulling, rubbish and and very sad to think hat some sort of professional is giving this stuff out!

And Sandi is right, I guess its up to us in the main to educate our clients and anyone who will listen......i`m not mad honest, just passionate and more so when I read stuff like this!

Be Careful with Nail Removal Tools
Manicuring tools used to remove artificial nails at home can damage your natural nail that is already weakened due to the artificial nail on top.
If you try to use scissors, you could accidentally puncture your nail bed when trying to pry up a piece of acrylic or silicone. DUH!!! Ya think??? :eek:

Poking and prying with a nail file can rip your nails and pry them away from the skin causing infections. Remember to keep soaking your nails, and start at the beginning of the process several times before expecting the nails to be totally removed. :eek:
Oh for Jimmy's sake!!!! When are they going to stop spouting these lies??? :irked:

No wonder so many people try to take their own nails off. We spend ages perfecting to get them to stay on then people think they will come off in a bit of worm water and then some nail varnish remover??:eek:

Wow - unbelievable. We now have to work extra hard to educate people so they don't ruin their nails and then blame innocent nail techs!!

biggest load of rubbish i have read for a while. it angers me too:grr:

If you try to use scissors, you could accidentally puncture your nail bed when trying to pry up a piece of acrylic or silicone.

Think I'd like to try silicone nails. They should be non-stick, shouldn't they? I wonder if they would last as well as MMA? Any salons in my are do silicone nails? LOL
Marion X

have you got a link to this site hun?? i feel a letter coming on!!!!:mad:

lol, reading it made me laugh surely the people who wrote it have never had a days training:eek:, its advice like that ruining peoples nails, not us trained techs:mad:

have you got a link to this site hun?? i feel a letter coming on!!!!:mad:

I haven`t got a link as I just copied it straight in.....not sure if there is something more technical I can do to trace it!! :confused:

Should have written it down but I was just annoyed and didn`t think that far ahead......duh :smack:

I will have a look but I am on extra time with internet access now (see my profile) !

I will let you know if I come up with it!! :)

You could try and find it through your internet history, you should be able to get to it from your home page.

CLASS... :lol:

I couldn't resist.
I posted a letter.

Regarding this link: CareFair.com - How to Remove Artificial Nails and the process described to remove artificial nail enhancements.
The very method that you describe is EXACTLY what damages the nails and NOT the application of them in the first place. They were designed to STICK to the nail. If they were to so easy to remove, dont you think people would be losing them in bathtubs and sinks while washing dishes? I'm STUNNED that you would promote such ignorant, ill-advised, dangerous, and utterly STUPID advice on your site.
Stunned is an understatement.! It's CLEAR that the person responsible for the article is uneducated and as such, obviously unsuitable for advising consumers on nail care. You'd be better off seeking out a PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED AND QUALIFIED technician.
It's idiots like yourselves that give the rest of us techs a bad reputation.

I'm sure I could have gone on, but got interupted by my hubby, and my 'steam' evaporated before I got back
:lol:

I couldn't resist.
I posted a letter.

I'm sure I could have gone on, but got interupted by my hubby, and my 'steam' evaporated before I got back

good someone had to tell them.

I couldn't resist.
I posted a letter.

Let us know if they reply!

x

yeah victoria,let us know how you get on.....

Latest posts

Back