How to report a beauty salon for health and safety?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah3509

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
So i rent a chair in a beauty salon, but for the last 3 months of being there ive noticed some really filthy things with the owner. She's a chiropodist but ive noticed after she does her pedicure/chiropodist appointments she goes out the front flaps off the skin and folds it ready for the next client and when doing facials...after ahes done she rinses the flannels in the cold sink (no hot water) and pops them back ready to be re used! Now this is absolutely vile acts and clearly spreading all kinds of things to poor unknowing clinets. But shes very stuck in her ways and clearly gotten lazy to not wash her towels. She will never change but id very much like to report her to the right authorities as i believe with the right telling off and a kick up the arse she will stop being so disgusting. Im just thinking of her poor clients.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Oh god that is awful, report her to environmental health?

EW.... Your State Board of Cosmetology!! They'll start the investigation etc etc.

EW.... Your State Board of Cosmetology!! They'll start the investigation etc etc.

The OP is based in the UK.

There’s a similar thread somewhere, so I’ll try and find it.

Just call your local health and safety department at your council. Unfortunately I had to do this at a place I used to work x

The issue is very common. Please inform us when you receive some update.

I am probably coming a bit late to this thread but hopefully this information may be useful for others.

Chiropodists/Podiatrists have to be registered with the government regulatory body, the Health & Care Professions Council https://www.hcpc-uk.org/

If you have serious concerns about a Registrant you can report it here; https://www.hcpc-uk.org/concerns/raising-concerns/

HTH

Why not just speak to her ? Your renting a chair there

Latest posts

Back