How to sell Brisa to customers and price guide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi All

We are an acrylic only salon but are just about to open a new nail and beauty salon.

I am just about to do the price list but am stumped by a couple of things - can anyone please help.

1. As mentioned before at the moment we only do acrylic - we are going to introduce Brisa (going on course on 6th July). How do I differentiate it from acrylic on benefits and what sort of customers it would attract (hope you are getting my meaning.

2. What sort of price does Brisa nails fetch - for new sets and infills and rebalances.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Heidi

hsmith said:
Hi All

We are an acrylic only salon but are just about to open a new nail and beauty salon.

I am just about to do the price list but am stumped by a couple of things - can anyone please help.

1. As mentioned before at the moment we only do acrylic - we are going to introduce Brisa (going on course on 6th July). How do I differentiate it from acrylic on benefits and what sort of customers it would attract (hope you are getting my meaning.

2. What sort of price does Brisa nails fetch - for new sets and infills and rebalances.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Heidi

Hello Heidi!

I am in the US- and I don't know where you are located- but I will try to help

To promote Brisa- in relation to gel vs. acrylic(I use all CND products)- When a client asks me what the difference is- I tell them that they are different enhancement products to achieve the same result. (Basically it is a matter of opinion of the technician as to which product(s) and procedure(s) fit the client's needs; and sometimes it's a matter of preference from the client- some clients have had great experiences with acrylic OR gel- and that's all they want- some have had a bad experience with either acrylic or gel and want the opposite! )

Both (Brisa & Retention+) are keratin bonding, cross linked products which covalently bond for superior adhesion and maximum durability.

Retention+ is low-odor, Brisa is odorless. Retention+ is (body) heat cured, and requires no participation from the client (they can sit back and close their eyes and relax if they like), Brisa is UV cured and requires the client to participate and place their hands in & out of the lamp (basically stay awake and pay attention!! :lol. Brisa is also brand new advanced technology and requires the purchase and maintenance of UV Lamp(s) [for me I have 2- one on each side of my table].

CND has created small "tent cards" that you can place around the salon- at the front desk / reception area / waiting area / nail stations... to spark interest and promotion.. and leave it up to clients to ask about it...

Here are my prices with discriptions (from my brochure and website)- and I will try to give an explanation as to 'why'

Clear Acrylic Sculptured Enhancements - $65 This service enhances the beauty of your nails and hands. A clear resin acrylic is expertly applied to add length to your nails. If you are seeking trouble free, convenient nails, acrylic nails are perfect for you. Polish is included in this 75 minute service. Maintenance required every two to three weeks.

Brisa Clear Gel Sculptured Enhancements - $75 Experience revolutionary advanced technology to enhance the beauty of your nails and hands. Clear gel is expertly applied to add length to your nails. Completely odorless, they provide strong, thin enhancements that are light, natural looking and hypoallergenic. Polish is included- yet optional in this 75 minute service. Maintenance required every two to three weeks. (Required extensive advanced training; as well as slightly higher cost for this new, state-of-the-art, advanced technology product)

Forever French Acrylic Sculpted Enhancements- $85 Experience the convenience of acrylic nails - with the added feature of a 'french polish design' built in! Blush, natural or clear acrylic (or custom blend colour) is used for the natural nail bed area, with ultra white or soft white coloured acrylic for the free edge of the nail. Perfectly natural looking ~ gloss buffing / UV gloss sealant is included in this 90 minute exclusive experience. Maintenance required every two to three weeks. ($20.00 more than clear because products are "more expensive" (not really but what do they know!), and I require more time and have had advanced training to complete them). (Competition Smiles are $100 - a much more difficult design to complete- and they have to have the right nail beds to perform this).

Forever French Brisa Gel Sculpted Enhancements - $95 Innovative, state-of-the-art technology provides you with all the benefits of gel enhancements- with the added feature of a 'french polish design' built in! Completely odorless, they provide strong, thin enhancements that are light, natural looking and hypoallergenic. Beautiful and durable ~ UV gloss sealant is included in this 90 minute revolutionary experience. Maintenance required every two to three weeks. ($20.00 more than clear because products are "more expensive" (not really but what do they know!), and I require more time and have had advanced training to complete them). (Competition Smiles are $110 - a much more difficult design to complete- and they have to have the right nail beds to perform this).

Clear Acrylic Rebalance- 2 week: $29 / 3 week: $35 / 4 week: $45
(all 60 min)

Clear Gel Rebalance- 2 week: $39 / 3 week: $45 / 4 week: $55
(all 60 min)

Forever French Acrylic Rebalance- 2 week: $39 / 3 week: $50 / 4 week: $60 (all 75 min)

Forever French Gel Rebalance- 2 week: $49 / 3 week: $60 / 4 week $70 (all 90 min)

Hand Massage, and Polish or High Gloss Buffing or UV Sealant included in all services.
Enhancements Guaranteed - No charge for repairs.

I hope this helps!

Hi, we have only been doing Brisa in our salons for a couple of months - this is what we have found so far! Reasons clients want to change:- If client likes the look of gel (very shiny); or has been having acrylic for years and fancies a change just for the sake of it; likes particularly thin enhancements; has been having problems with lifting of acrylic.
What we have found:- Lifting problems virtually eradicated (we had a few clients with particular probs); new sets and rebalances take much longer than acrylics although this should sort itself out as we become more experienced; more chance of getting breaks or cracks (if client is clumsy at all, gel not strong enough).
Pricing: Yes, it's taking longer but whilst we charge £4.00 more than acrylic for a new set, we are rebalacing at same price until we know how long to allocate when we are all experienced. Hope this help, Fiona

So.... is the general oppinion then that we charge more for a set of gel/Brisa nails than acrylic? If so by how much?

I realise its different from area to area but as I've not done gels before I'm keen to find out... when you think about how much more it is for a pot of gel etc than the powders..... (although.... you buy monomer as well.. so... mmmm does it balance out?)

But if you Charge £30 for a set of L&P then how much more would you do a set of Brisa for?....

Also on another point... I know a while back we had a post about how much it cost us to do a set of L&P (I think it was about £3?) Well... how much does it cost for Brisa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back