How to set a stall out at a charity event

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellishbellish

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am doing an event at the end of October for breast cancer, and am wondering if anyone has done anything similar before? I am after ideas on how to make my stall look pretty, as I am pretty clueless in this department! I will be taking products with me and was thinking of doing file and polishes for £5, as I couldn't think of anything else that didn't involve a lot of products to take with me. Though if anyone has any better ideas I'd be very welcome to hearing them...!

If anyone has any pictures of a stall at an event like this I'd be grateful too... Thanks guys :)

Right. You must ensure that you have both professional and product liability insurance.
Do not expect to have queues of people at your stall unless you engage people BEFORE the event. Incentivise people to come to your stall with a biiiiig prize. Ensure that your presence is advertised well in advance. Tell all your existing clients. Use facebook, twitter and your website to let people know. Do not expect to make a fortune. Tell your local paper and radio station. Have plenty of change. Expect people to nick things off your stall.
Take plenty of non alcoholic drink. Have someone to take flyers round to everyone at the event. Make sure you can take people's details.
Expect to be disappointed at the end!
Good luck and enjoy!

Right. You must ensure that you have both professional and product liability insurance.
Do not expect to have queues of people at your stall unless you engage people BEFORE the event. Incentivise people to come to your stall with a biiiiig prize. Ensure that your presence is advertised well in advance. Tell all your existing clients. Use facebook, twitter and your website to let people know. Do not expect to make a fortune. Tell your local paper and radio station. Have plenty of change. Expect people to nick things off your stall.
Take plenty of non alcoholic drink. Have someone to take flyers round to everyone at the event. Make sure you can take people's details.
Expect to be disappointed at the end!
Good luck and enjoy!

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for replying :) amazing advice! I have insurance sorted (phew :D) so I can tick that one off. You have mentioned having a big prize, what would you offer? A gift voucher of some sort? And what would you advise they have to do in order to win it? Sorry, I have done stalls before but not done as much prep as this so I hope you don't mind me following you up with questions!

I have done many events, charity night, xmas fairs, ladies nights and now I do not do nails on the night! I know it sounds mad but it just never works out, people are asking you questions about products, prices and booking appointments and your trying to do a manicure, do a good job and create a good impression and it just can't happen...trust me!
Now I set up my stall, I take all my products, all my shellac bottles and colour pops. Then set up the rest of the space to display your leaflets and vouchers and other sellable items, cuticle oils, nail polish, files and speak to as many people as possible! Hand out your leaflets, talk about Shellac, and offer them a discount if they book that night to come into your salon. Some might say why are you not doing it tonight, I want my nails done now but I answer back saying I'm a professional, I want you to enjoy the experience, not be interrupted, sit at a correct level chair and table and have a great manicure. They will be impressed and their nose will bother them and if they don't book that night they will book or pop in. This is how I've created a large part of my client base. You can make a bit of money on other bits on your stall but walk away with lots of leaflets handed out and appointments booked much more valuable! SS

Latest posts

Back