How to spot a forum bully

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that for a minute and in read some lovely posts with wise words and encouragement. However, I think sometimes the fear of being 'shot down' is overwhelming. I could be wrong as I'm generally shy, intimidated and perhaps overly sensitive! X

I don't doubt that for a minute and in read some lovely posts with wise words and encouragement. However, I think sometimes the fear of being 'shot down' is overwhelming. I could be wrong as I'm generally shy, intimidated and perhaps overly sensitive! X

Mrs T, there is no need to backtrack on your thoughts just because a couple of people have said how lovely everyone is. :hug:

You know that your 'feeling' is true, you are not imagining it. We all have eyes to read some of the unpleasant things that are sometimes said on this forum.

And tone or no tone, the words are the words, and you would have to be in complete denial to read 'the words' and pretend that it's ok.

We all know when we write stuff how it's going to be perceived. There is no excuse for it. Period.

It is possible to use the English language in a direct manner to air a view without making others feel worthless or useless.

Most geeks are lovely all of the time.

Some geeks are lovely some of the time.

It is what it is, but it's not acceptable to imagine that the content of this thread is not real and present on this site.

Peace and respect.

Last edited:
Interesting that the bully was referred to as a 'she'.

It's very true though.

Yes my thoughts exactly ,
But seems that problem may have disappeared :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

What I find intimidating is when you have the pack mentality and everyone gangs up on you if you are expressing an opinion that is different to the majority or expressing differing views to someone that they hold as revered. I've seen some awful examples on here sometimes and it is intimidating and puts people off posting. So sad when people put "I'm really sorry and know I'm going to get shot down, but.....,,," just because they share a differing opinion.

We all know the site rules and please I urge you all, if you see something that is against the rules, please report it. Reports are in confidence and only seen by the moderators. No one is above the rules, no matter who they are, why even I get reported now and again LOL.

I can't seem to be able to read the article?

I have clicked on all the links I can see but all I get is the comments on the thread, where am I meant to be looking?!

Sorry Geeks.

You know that your 'feeling' is true, you are not imagining it. We all have eyes to read some of the unpleasant things that are sometimes said on this forum.

And tone or no tone, the words are the words, and you would have to be in complete denial to read 'the words' and pretend that it's ok.

We all know when we write stuff how it's going to be perceived. There is no excuse for it. Period.

It is possible to use the English language in a direct manner to air a view without making others feel worthless or useless.

Perfectly put :hug:

A very interesting read indeed. Just goes to show that bullying doesn't stop in the playground :(

Hopefully this will raise a bit more awareness and keep SG the friendly place it usually is :D

hope that no one feels like they are bullied on here!

we are all entitled to our opinions and especially in this industry we all have different ways of doing things not always bad ways just different so none of us should feel that we cant express ourselves on here xx

An excellent article and unfortunately it definitely pertains to a few members of this forum. I have read posts from girls obviously new to the industry and the site, who are just after a few pointers and they have been shot down in flames. Everybody IS entitled to their own opinion and to ask questions regardless of age and experience.

Just my two penneth! Shoot me down if you like - I can take it lol!!

Sadly there are too many members afraid of giving their honest opinions for fear of recrimination. Me included. Not just by forum members on SG, but by those further up the hierarchy. Sadly I found out the hard way last weekend.

And for those who are about to pounce on me like rabid dogs. Knock yourselves out- I now have nothing to lose.

Sadly there are too many members afraid of giving their honest opinions for fear of recrimination. Me included. Not just by forum members on SG, but by those further up the hierarchy. Sadly I found out the hard way last weekend.

And for those who are about to pounce on me like rabid dogs. Knock yourselves out- I now have nothing to lose.

Oh gosh .. Curvy are you ok?? x

This is when I want to put on my superhero outfit and kick some cowardly backsides.

Oh gosh .. Curvy are you ok?? x

This is when I want to put on my superhero outfit and kick some cowardly backsides.

Can I be Wonder Woman?!!! ... Ok going off topic slightly ....

Just echoing the above post and hoping you're ok?

am new to this forum and whilst I can see the majority are looking for advice / hoping to be able to offer advice in their field, sadly I have seen a few posts that I consider to be rude and unpleasant really! does it bother me? and would it stop me from posting? personally no and like the article says that's where there strength lies, that they will not be challenged and more will follow them than not. but I find it disturbing that professionals can throw their weight around to make those less experienced feel small. shame on them really, I hope it makes them feel better! But I think you get this behaviour in most set ups such as forums where lots of people get together and give opinions.

Oh no! I gather you mean at "The Event"? Rise above it. Really hope you're ok
Big hugs xx

Curvy if you have nothing left to lose that must mean you have everything to gain :wink2:

I've seen your work on this site and you are talented.

And professional.

I am not sure any of the personalities with a penchant for bullying will show up on this thread, although I am certain they would not be able to resist coming in to take a look.

Last edited:
Curvy if you have nothing left to lose that must mean you have everything to gain :wink2:

I've seen your work on this site and you are talented.

And professional.

I am not sure any of the personalities with a penchant for bullying will showup on this thread, although I am certain they would not be able to resist coming in to take a look.

I echo that. And one would hope after taking a peek they would feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Take no notice of them x

I've been watching this thread to see if the one of two geeks that sprung to my mind would comment, seems so far they haven't lol. I'm a bit naive, and had no idea this was how a cyber bully worked :-( xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back