How to spot a forum bully

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
Briliant article.

Be interesting to see if the bullies on Salon Geek recognize themselves ... althought they probably wouldn't care anyway.

They arnt here anymore

Or have we still got some 😤

Although informative, i found that really sad to read.

I think i tend to see the nicer side of people and am a little naive so i haven't always noticed the bullying that is going on, but if people do feel they are being bullied, please hit the RED button on the post you dislike so the mods have a chance to control the situation before it goes any further xx

Great (but sad) article. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Interesting that the bully was referred to as a 'she'.

It's very true though.

I haven't noticed any bullying as such, but I have noticed some rather patronising/condescending comments from certain geeks which are quite often in no relation whatsoever to the original question that's been asked

And also some answers which are not very constructive, what may be obvious to more experienced geeks may not be to those new to the industry. And I feel that people will be too scared to ask questions incase they get a blunt/rude answer back

And also some answers which are not very constructive, what may be obvious to more experienced geeks may not be to those new to the industry. And I feel that people will be too scared to ask questions incase they get a blunt/rude answer back

2 right

I've got two very prominent and respected salon geek members in mind who match this description exactly! Very helpful article indeed.

I've got two very prominent and respected salon geek members in mind who match this description exactly! Very helpful article indeed.

Lol!

Was a good read x

I've noticed this situation before - but as an 'outsider' I never say anything for fear of being jumped on too...very interesting article! Even had fear of typing this to acknowledge that this goes on...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Don't be scared my lovely :hug:

I'd love to see the lesser confident feel that they can ask and comment without fear of being shot down. I always ask my students if they go on SG and the answer is usually that they do but prefer to just read rather than comment for reasons mentioned. Shame!

I love that article; very informative. Even the very confident can be bullied in a subtle way by small cliques.

Last edited:
Wow, that was a great read. I wonder who wrote it? Did it say and I didn't see it?

I would say there is a "Queen Bee"on salon geek. I wonder if she would read that and think of herself. She doesn't bother me though as I try and avoid her as she scares me. Lol!
I have been in tears once over something someone said on SG and I think it is bullying. I'm still angry about it now.

I think that is really sad but certainly 'accurate'. Exactly why I'm too scared to comment on anything (except this) took a long time to join SG after being a serial 'guest' lurker and now I feel like a serial 'member' lurker for the fear of being shot down!
Still, it's nice to see not everyone is like this! :)

I personally feel the majority of geeks here are kind and helpful.

Sometimes, just like in a text message, some posts can read entirely differently to how they were written.
Unfortunately, something written with good intentions, may come across as harsh or rude.
I generally find the large majority of Geeks are wonderful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back