How to start as a young beginner?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlowerDance

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've always been interested in becoming a nail tech in the future and I thought, why not start now? I'm 15 years old and I think it would be nice to study and practice now, and make it easier for the future. Plus, I really enjoy doing my own nails, so it would be fun.

Do you guys have any suggestions for books and/or ways to practice painting and applying gel/acrylic/etc? Maybe even a suggestion for a nail technician course would be very helpful, although I'm not sure if there is an age limit for any of those.

I know the basics when it comes to nail prep, the correct tools, and what not to do, but I really want to learn more and have a better understanding of everything. I know practice and experience makes perfect, so I'm willing to put in the time and effort.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated!

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've always been interested in becoming a nail tech in the future and I thought, why not start now? I'm 15 years old and I think it would be nice to study and practice now, and make it easier for the future. Plus, I really enjoy doing my own nails, so it would be fun.

Do you guys have any suggestions for books and/or ways to practice painting and applying gel/acrylic/etc? Maybe even a suggestion for a nail technician course would be very helpful, although I'm not sure if there is an age limit for any of those.

I know the basics when it comes to nail prep, the correct tools, and what not to do, but I really want to learn more and have a better understanding of everything. I know practice and experience makes perfect, so I'm willing to put in the time and effort.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated!
Hello there it would be a good idea to contact independent trainers through Facebook and also buy false hands to practice on good like it’s nice that your very enthusiastic x

Honestly? Stick to nail polish for now and spend the next year researching good training schools.

Doing your own nails, even as a professional, isn’t easy when it comes to your non dominant hand. You really shouldn’t be using any strong nail chemicals (gel/acrylics) on your nails without having received proper training as you’re likely to make a few errors and incorrect use of enhancement chemicals is the main cause of nail allergies. In Europe, it is advised not to apply nail enhancements to anyone under 16yrs.

Additionally, at your age, your body is more sensitive to some chemicals compared to a fully grown adult.

Finally, please bear in mind that if you develop an allergy to certain nail products, you’ll have it for life and will never be able to use gel/acrylics etc. in the future. I developed an allergy a few years ago and had to sell all my products and equipment and now just use regular polish.

Honestly? Stick to nail polish for now and spend the next year researching good training schools.

Doing your own nails, even as a professional, isn’t easy when it comes to your non dominant hand. You really shouldn’t be using any strong nail chemicals (gel/acrylics) on your nails without having received proper training as you’re likely to make a few errors and incorrect use of enhancement chemicals is the main cause of nail allergies. In Europe, it is advised not to apply nail enhancements to anyone under 16yrs.

Additionally, at your age, your body is more sensitive to some chemicals compared to a fully grown adult.

Finally, please bear in mind that if you develop an allergy to certain nail products, you’ll have it for life and will never be able to use gel/acrylics etc. in the future. I developed an allergy a few years ago and had to sell all my products and equipment and now just use regular polish.

Thank you for the info! Yea, I wasn't planning on doing anything special on myself. Only on a fake nail/hand. I wouldn't do any of that for awhile anyways.

Latest posts

Back