How to stop being nervous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
god i need help ): just this second said bye to a client who came in for a hair extensions consultation. Managed to sell her my colouring services (yay!) something im not very good at doing (selling it) but the whole time i kept forgetting what i was talking about mid sentance and stumbling over my words :/ havent been like this for a while but when i was at college i was like it ): ive only recently opened my home salon and have had more spray tan customers than hair so maybe thats why? im very outgoing and confident and i dont know why this is happening :/ seem to go all shakey aswell. anyone else like this or had this problem? i was fine before she came but went all weird when we were in the room! xx

I'm the same, i commented on another post about it earlier! lol! I forget what I'm talking about sometimes, when usually I'm quite talkative, I'm just a bit funny face to face with people I don't know.!

Everyone is like this to begin with hun, practice makes perfect every time. I was the worst, I was like this with every client, but after you get comfortable with every treatment you offer, you'll get there. :)

I used to be like this and sometimes the odd client still gets me like this although maybe only once a year or if I'm just having an off day!
If i stumble over my words, I usually laugh and say,"oh dear...mouth full of marbles." or something similar and start again.

Try just taking a deep breath and soon you will answer the same questions/sell products or services so much that you will almost have an instinctive reaction and find yourself answering questions in exactly the same way lol.

The amount of times I say, "do you mean party lashes or semi perm?" or
"the difference between L&P and gel is..."
I actually get tired of hearing myself lol xx

Dont sweat it! Im as confident as the day is long and ive been doing this half my life, but I still get the odd occasion where I go a bit wibbly wobbly and a bit shakey. Ive no clue why this happens, ive complete confidence in my skills, but sometimes I cant look my client in the eye because I feel like I may pass out. Its like a panic attack I guess.
Deep breath, talk slowly. If you whizz your words out they come out back to front!
I just take my time and slow down. This usually nips it in the bud. I find it tends to come when Ive had too much coffee, or just a bit too stressed, so I try and keep these in check too.
Hope you feel better babe. Just remember, no matter how nervous you feel, you still know a million times more about your field than your client does :wink2: YOU'RE the Pro
xxxx

Thanks everyone :) just need to remember to breathe and possible write some notes on my pad of what to say etc so i dont mess up my words! Im like this on the phone aswel! Even if im ordering pizza or a taxi :/ thing is im so talkative aswel so loads of muble jumble comes out aha! Think it was also because she was asking about colouring and extensions at the same time and i was flipping from one to another for 10 mins so my brain got mixed up ahaa xx

Latest posts

Back