How to stop cats using my garden as a toilet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddy89

Reaction score
If anyone know how to stop this please help. We have a little boy who obviously uses the garden. And the cats are going to the toilet out the front and back. We got up this morning to them having pooed on our patio. We already have the things that make a high pitched screech but they don’t work. What else can we use? Thank you

Cats don’t like water so maybe a grass sprinkler system?

Is it definitely cats or could it be foxes?
Cats usually bury their poo unless they do it on gravel (which they think is cat litter). Fox poo is very black and usually thin long poos. Cat poo is more brown.

Citrus like lemon etc they hate or a dog [emoji106][emoji846]

Is it definitely cats or could it be foxes?
Cats usually bury their poo unless they do it on gravel (which they think is cat litter). Fox poo is very black and usually thin long poos. Cat poo is more brown.
How do you know so much about poo? [emoji23][emoji23]

I live in a rural area surrounded by farms. I can tell you all about donkey poo, chicken poo, sheep poo, goats poo, horse poo, cow poo.... one of my staff (in a previous life) did her PhD on wild animals poo.
It’s fascinating stuff. :)

Cats hate the scent of lemons. My mother used to care for a lot of abused cats and we would keep half a lemon on the bench and spray areas with lemon water to stop them getting to places. Seemed to work for us.

A client gave me a great tip
Cats hate the smell and aroma of Tea Tree oil..if you place a few drops regularly in a container water it keeps them away. I used it indoors when I got new furniture and it worked for me..good luck.

Thanks everyone. It’s definitely cats. And put the front is all gravel. We have tried lemon but only once need to keep trying it I know. And we’ve tried Hayes fluid to get rid of the smell x

Yeah the Jayes is great stuff
Best of luck lovely..not very nice for you

Did the lemon work?? Having similar problems but also inside the house!! ‍♀️

Scaredy cat plant my mother used and it seems to have worked.

Latest posts

Back