How to stop foils slipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elle_xx

Reaction score
My foils ALWAYS slip any tips for getting them to stay in place....

Are you folding and sealing them tight enough?
Are you getting tight enough with them to the root area?

I find that the finer sections and the closer and neater i fold them up the better they stay.
Either that or your putting too much colour in them which is weighing heavy when oxidising.
Or then again could be your going too close to the root with the colour which is swelling and causing slip marks.
x

Are they slipping whilst putting them in or while developing x

They stay in place when I am putting the colour on but slip when I fold them :/

Do you use the pointy end of the comb? It may help to use the comb side , to flatten the foil gently horizontilly , then dent the foil and fold by hand , just found it worked for me .

Once you fold the foil to the root area and close in the sides, use the teeth on the pintail comb to make a indent at the root area this helped to grip the foil and stop alipping majorly while practising as we were made to use conditioner!

Once you master foils with conditioner you can get anything to stay in place :)

Are you painting the colour on flat to the head then kind of lifting them up to fold them and it slips as you pick up to fold? I usually have the foil kind of at the angle I need it to fold at when painting tint on when going round the head and kind of flat painting on top section, I hope this makes since. X

Fold the foil over the tail comb away from you instead of towards you, then paint on the colour and fold twice. Once folded hold the bottom of the foil and push the tail comb back into the crease at the top and push the foil right up to the root. Then really pat down before you fold the corners. I can guarantee you will never have any foils slipping or bleeding with this method....i really hope this makes sense for you! X

Fold the foil over the tail comb away from you instead of towards you, then paint on the colour and fold twice. Once folded hold the bottom of the foil and push the tail comb back into the crease at the top and push the foil right up to the root. Then really pat down before you fold the corners. I can guarantee you will never have any foils slipping or bleeding with this method....i really hope this makes sense for you! X

I was taught this... Might go back to this actually! X

I was taught this... Might go back to this actually! X

I watched a wella rep foil that way a couple years ago, much prefer it x

This is the way i foil and i never have slips or bleeds .

Also it makes it easier if you need to check the foils as you can slip pintail under the fold easily and hold in place .

Great tip :)

I tried it and felt like a trainee lol. It felt really wrong. But hey practice makes perfect! Practice head out then!!!

You shouldnt fold the foils tightly using your comb, or fold the sides. This causes lines in the colour and uneven developing, also if you fold the sides, you could get bleeding towards the scalp when delveloping. I use Wide foil, fold over my comb to get tight to the root, then use the head as a platform to apply the colour - not my hands (if you get what i mean?) fold gently twice and if the foils feel like they may slip, I slightly fold the top corners over.
Did that make any sense? Im pants at explaining myself!!
xxxx

Latest posts

Back