How to stop nail biting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsto23

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a self confessed horrific bail biter. A big change is happening in my life at the moment and want something positive to come with it (stop nail biting, along with some form of weight loss) I'm investing in a treadmill/crosstrainer for the weight loss and some workout DVD's and would also love help with this. I know about the bad tasting nail polish but this isn't practical having a Bavarian, I'm forever touching her hands face etc and don't want the taste to transfer :(

Also any recommendations for workout DVD's will be greatly appreciated :D xxxxxx

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nail biter not bail biter hahaha xxxx

And a little one - not a Bavarian lmao!! Stupid phone!!xxxx

And a little one - not a Bavarian lmao!! Stupid phone!!xxxx

Lol! I was just trying to work this one out! x

Honestly, spell check :/ tut!! Haha xxxx

I used to EAT plenty of that nasty tasting stuff because I enjoyed biting sooooo much!! I found that keeping them polished helped - because nail polish didn't taste nice lol. I bit them so much that I now have ski jump nails. Have you read up on why people bite their nails? I found that helped me too. Good luck xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll have a look tonight. Bit of bedtime reading :) ill try the polish too, how do you geeks find solar oil? Xx

My partner pays (me) to have his nails manicured and he says the fact that he has spent money on them helps him to refrain from biting.

I'm finding this hard at the minute too. I've grown my nails out once but can't seem to do it again.

I've tried the nasting tasting polish, I've tried polish, shellac, gelish, gels, l&p and I just bite and peel them all off.

I'm desperate to grow them out so I can paint my nails and advertise to my clients but even that isn't giving me willpower. Argh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm finding this hard at the minute too. I've grown my nails out once but can't seem to do it again.

I've tried the nasting tasting polish, I've tried polish, shellac, gelish, gels, l&p and I just bite and peel them all off.

I'm desperate to grow them out so I can paint my nails and advertise to my clients but even that isn't giving me willpower. Argh!

I stopped biting mine by wearing extensions....no way my teeth can get through that.

I stopped biting mine by wearing extensions....no way my teeth can get through that.

I tried that, but I just crunched and crunched at them until I could rip bits off or pulled at them so much I just yanked them off. I guess I was quite serious about getting to my nail lol

I bite around the outside of an extension and then rip it off, im surprised I have all ten nails still intact :/ yack xxxxx

I was the same, would bite round the extension, pick at my natural nail underneath etc. it got to the point where I could barely keep extensions on and I hated it. So I had hypnotherapy to stop biting them and its been amazing. It wasn't as expensive as I thought, £50 a session but obviously depends where you are. I had one session and completely stopped biting them and about 3 months later I had a top up because I found when I was bored I'd start to pick. But it was amazing, she tailored the sessions to my needs and now I have my own natural nails after 28years of biting. I look as some before photos I took and I can't believe they were my hands heh x

Listen very carefully.. Are you sitting comfortably :D clasp your hands together, close your eyes, deep breaths, all you can see is your fingers and the toilet bowl, everytime you bite your nails or your hand goes to your mouth without food being linked in to this vision you will lick the toilet bowl...Tah dah cured!!!!! :D :D xx

Listen very carefully.. Are you sitting comfortably :D clasp your hands together, close your eyes, deep breaths, all you can see is your fingers and the toilet bowl, everytime you bite your nails or your hand goes to your mouth without food being linked in to this vision you will lick the toilet bowl...Tah dah cured!!!!! :D :D xx

Hahaha licking the toilet bowl!! Yucky lmao. I'm gonna look into hypnosis I think, where do I start looking though :/ xxxx

I just googled hypnotherapists in my area and want from there :)

I jjust looked at hypnotherapy and it's 80 per session which is nit bad I guess but I think I'll try a good old shape and polish regularly I think if all else fails I'll go for that. Does anyone know of anything to strengthen nails? Mine seen quite bendy... Xxx

Latest posts

Back