How to stop ruining your acrylic brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimT

Reaction score
Hello!
Im a fully qualified in acrylic nail extensions, after studying a course 2 years ago.

My tutor told me to soak my acrylic brush in the acrylic liquid to clean it, and so it does not go hard from the acrylic.
It sounds silly, but this is something i have ALWAYS had trouble with.

I find it really difficult to keep my brush clean, and for some reason my brushes always end up getting ruined and i have to replace these which is constantly costing me money..

I feel like a throughly clean the brush and i wipe it down on a lint free nail pad,
Any advice would be great,
its something so small but its driving me crazy!!

Hello!
Im a fully qualified in acrylic nail extensions, after studying a course 2 years ago.

My tutor told me to soak my acrylic brush in the acrylic liquid to clean it, and so it does not go hard from the acrylic.
It sounds silly, but this is something i have ALWAYS had trouble with.

I find it really difficult to keep my brush clean, and for some reason my brushes always end up getting ruined and i have to replace these which is constantly costing me money..

I feel like a throughly clean the brush and i wipe it down on a lint free nail pad,
Any advice would be great,
its something so small but its driving me crazy!!

I had this when I started acrylics and my l&p consistency wasn't great, I also before I put it away dip in monomer and shape my brush to a point and then put it away, how are you storing your brush?
I have the nsi royal round precision I thinks it's called and its got a lid with it I find that helpfull

I have my Cnd brush case I love it

I use a brush cleaner, then run it under water. Reshape it and put it away, storing the brush so its brissels down. Cheaper brushes do lose thier shape by doing this but ive got the NSI brush amd it really is amazing! I havent had any problems yet

It sounds like the damage is starting with while you're working with it. Try not to work with your beads too wet or you end up with product stuck in the brush.

I regularly 'murdered' my brushes before I switched products. I now use nsi which allows for a slightly wetter consistency which I seem to get on with. I practised my powder/liquid ratio for a while before investing in a nsi precision brush, which is amazing. I never use brush cleaner, I always soak in liquid and shape back to perfect point after using.

You can buy brush cleaner. I dont bother though just use nail polish remover n wipe on couch roll twice n that clears it.
If u still have brushs that the brissles havw set fom acrylic put in acetone n it works ! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nails by dawn ... I have the same brush n found it fantastiv to work with !!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sound like incorrect mix ratio, You need to look at that. Water on your brush and brush cleaner is a no no, only ever use monomer to clean it x

Latest posts

Back