How to stop the warmth coming through in brown hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezzzziiii

Reaction score
I do my friends hair and she is natural base 6, but every time she has brown on her hair she gets this warm red tone, it's only slightly, but she hates it. Ive said it's her natural under tones. I've tried putting a ash into the brown. But nothing. I'm wondering if putting a bit of green into it, to cancel out the red. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I think the only way to get rid of the red is to bleach and tone for a true ash. However she could purchase a green conditioner and when she feels it going red she could use that to neutralise :). Similar to a purple shampoo :)

I think the only way to get rid of the red is to bleach and tone for a true ash. However she could purchase a green conditioner and when she feels it going red she could use that to neutralise :). Similar to a purple shampoo :)
Oh great thank you for your reply, that's an idea, it's only been since she had it dyed, she's not had many colours on. Just medium brown with no base. X

5/81 and 7/81 illumina is lovely or you could do this colour as a gloss after colouring

Oh great thank you for your reply, that's an idea, it's only been since she had it dyed, she's not had many colours on. Just medium brown with no base. X

Yeah I know it's annoying but colour always brings out the underlying molecules like you told her :)
I would try adding in some ash or green and then suggest to her the green conditioner. There's a brand called overtone that my clients use and are very good :) x

I'm sure there's a brunette anti red treatment in a pink tube- Schwarzkopf or L'Oréal? Have a look on da webxxx

5/02 illumina wella

Latest posts

Back