How to T section ..help please??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Hi!I am wondering if someone could explain to me how to do a t section. I understand it is literally that (a t section) but id like to know how much hair you take from either side of the parting and do you start from front to back or back to front and when it comes to doing the sides how much of the sides do you do?Is it up to the ear or half way round the head?I have looked online etc for how to section a t section but no luck.

Many thanks in advance!
Rachel xxx

i usually pin up a two inch strip where the parting sits, an inch either side, you know right down the middle of the head. from just under the crown to the front of the head. Then i take the side sections to the top of the ear, but this may vary if the persons head is large! he he !. i would weave the parting highlights first as they take a bit longer to develop cus they get less heat from the head than the side weaves. You can go back to front on the top section, if you do it the other way round you are stood in front of your client for a bit and they could feel a bit smothered:lol: hope this helps:hug:

yeah i do the same as above adn for the sides about 3 or 4 each side or it would be charged at half head foils if they want more xx

Hi there

Try having a look at our website myhairdressers.com we've got about 80 training vidoe's on there at the moment, for cutting, colouring anf session styling i'm sure you'll find something in the archive to help!

Good luck!

MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back