How to take holidays being self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kz2308

Reaction score
Hey I need help I've told all clients that I'm taking this week off posted it on my Facebook page, website. I use my personal phone for work so I'm getting soo many calls emails. I feel like ignoring them is aggravating them and they just keep calling should I send a text just saying in currently on holiday and will get back to them when in back. I'm
Not abroad just at home but I really want to take a week out and not deal with clients. How do u ensure u get time out ?

I also use my personal phone. I let people know I'm off in as many ways as possible and change my answerphone message so that it says I am unavailable until such date. Please leave your name and number and I will get back to you after my holiday.

Then I stick to it.

Take a break, you deserve a week of peace x

Thanks the person who was calling this morning has also sent me a email via my site saying she's away I'm on hoilday until the 11? With a question mark [emoji17] and then has proceeded to mail me on Facebook ahh what is wrong with people and j have clients messaging me oh I know your on hoilday but could you.. I'm far to soft I need to stick this out lol.

100% agree, maybe in this case just send out a standard reply saying that any questions/appointments will be dealt with once you're working again. Then just remind them what that date is, and pencil yourself some time on that date to sit and deal with all your messages!

Then make the most of your week off! Xxx

It is difficult and I do the same but we do need a break at times. I've started putting an out of hours reply on my business FB page as I get messages at all hours.
If you need the break don't listen to or read the messages.
You could make another FB post saying you are aware people are trying to contact you however as previously stated as you are on holiday you're sure they will respect that and you'll reply on your return.

When I go away I put a message on the answerphone and automated replies on my email and Facebook messenger .
As long as you state the date on which you will get back to them there is no need to reply at all.

It's possible that lots of your clients haven't seen your Facebook update and just don't realise you're away.

You need to set automated replies on Facebook, "out of office" on emails, and have a standard text that you reply with saying "I'm currently on holiday and will reply to your message on x date" and keep sending that no matter how many times they contact you.

Personally I set aside 30 minutes a day when I'm on holiday to deal with messages, as I think that's part and parcel of running your own business. I've tried leaving them all until I'm back but I find dealing with hundreds of messages on day 1 back at work much more of a chore and by the time I get to them half of the messages are irrelevant/dates they want have passed/they've gone elsewhere.

You could message back or post on your wall saying youve left your appointment book in work so you can't take appointmebts till your back (I do this every Sunday)

Leave a message on your Whattsapp profile status: on holiday closed between X and X time.

Have a pre typed msg saved and if someone msg you send that to them.

Latest posts

Back