how to teach students

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
hi all,

I am going to be doing nail training but here is the thing, it one on one classes and I am not what to use for the student to practice on ie, what do I use as hand to stick on tip, file ect?

Hi,I would suggests a nail trainer.sorry would put link but not working correctly,try Essential nails nail trainer.

Hi,I would suggests a nail trainer.sorry would put link but not working correctly,try Essential nails nail trainer.
Or ask the student to bring in a model (friend or family) for them to work on

Even on a 121 they should be bringing a model.....the nail trainer is good, but not really the best model for hands on training!

Which of your product lines are you educating for?

When I do one to one training , my student brings a model...... I do also have a nail trainer hand as backup, but the real thing is pretty good at complaining when the new student get a bit to enthusiastic lol......
The nail trainer is fab, if there is absolutly no chance of them providing a model.....
The final examination day is always on a real hand.....
HTH

Sorry guys,I thought that the poster meant that it was 121 only, no chance of a model...my mistake and I would 100% agree that a real life model is the way to go..failing that go for nail trainer .HTH:green:

I always thought 121 training was 121 with the educator, no other students in the class...model still required :hug:

Even on a 121 they should be bringing a model.....the nail trainer is good, but not really the best model for hands on training!

Which of your product lines are you educating for?

the product is Called Nail Affair and this will be my first training course for them, I will be doing gel. I have a nail trainer but I only have the nail art nail tips as I have only ever used the nail trainer for airbushing. Is there anyway I can use the nail trainer with my regular tips??

the product is Called Nail Affair and this will be my first training course for them, I will be doing gel. I have a nail trainer but I only have the nail art nail tips as I have only ever used the nail trainer for airbushing. Is there anyway I can use the nail trainer with my regular tips??
If you are training for them have they not given you any guidelines and training on how to deal with this?

If you are training for them have they not given you any guidelines and training on how to deal with this?

no, they have not given guide lines as they dont have any trainers so I approched them and the training thing was born!

If you are teaching for them they should be providing all products and tools needed by you, they should also be telling you how to teach with their product

Hi huni,
All I teach is one to one and they are the best classes ever.
But I would suggest first things first, you want to teach and your product provider wants you to teach for them. So both of you get together and structure a class. They may have a few suggestions and can help you out, dont be frightend to look as if you don't know what you are doing, if they want you to succeed, they will help you no end.
Obviously they want their product to be shown in the best light and you want to shine as a teacher.
A few pointers:
Set up lesson plans so you know where to start from. Remember the training you received, what was fab and what was lacking? This way you can make sure that your lessons are fab and not lacking anything.
A lesson plan for new Technicians will be different for a lesson plan for a Technician that wants to advance their skills, so structure your classes accordingly.
Make sure that you have all you will need and a bit extra for student needs. If you are providing them with a kit, then you know that they will at least have all the basic tools for learning. If it is advanced training then they should have at least their own basic kit and may only need a few requested extras. Also if there is a manual for students to refer back to, who will write this? Notes are a students lifeline and will help immensely after your class has finished.
Teaching is so rewarding, but getting it from the I want to do this, to the I am doing this stage a hard slog.
My advise is start at the beginning and work your way through each stage until it is all there and ready for you to teach. It took me nearly a year to structure my class on paper, every time I thought I had done it, I thought of something else and what started off as a 2 sheet course note ended up a 30 page course support paper, and i did realy keep it short and included a must read book list to boot.
Good luck Huni and I hope you have as much fun as I do xxxx

i agree other wise in to days world , how will you be supported by the company for insurance ? and validation of certs?
If you are teaching for them they should be providing all products and tools needed by you, they should also be telling you how to teach with their product

Latest posts

Back