how to tell the difference between L&P and gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if there is anyway to tell the difference bettween L&P and gel? just I have a client who had her nails done on holiday has no idea what they are and wants them removed, as most gels dont soak off is there anyway I can tell without trying to soak them off ?
Thanks x

Did you ask her wheter she put her nails under a UV light?

Did you ask her wheter she put her nails under a UV light?

yep this is the best question to ask !

You may also be able to tell when you see it.

Obviously if it is gel - it could be a file off or a soak off. Basically if it is a file off as soon as you file it there will be lots of DUST if its a soak off it will be hard work to file down and there wont be much dust created !- so you'll have to soak it off.

amb x

thanks ladies! she was on her hen weekend and was a bit drunk she cant remeber lol but I'll give them a wee file 1st see what happens and I'll ask about the light hopefully she'll remember that lol x

Depending on what type of salon she was in, she might have had a UV cured top coat applied.

I had a lady who booked for a gel rebalance as she was adamant she had gel on - she explained about the salon, I asked if they had used a light and she said yes, right at the end. She explained they had a brush and used a liquid and a powder first LOL. But they told her it was gel.

I always ask if it was a powder and liquid that was applied and if they put it under a UV Lamp.
Normally once they tell you that it had a funny smell its easy to say what it was :lol:

Depending on what type of salon she was in, she might have had a UV cured top coat applied.

I had a lady who booked for a gel rebalance as she was adamant she had gel on - she explained about the salon, I asked if they had used a light and she said yes, right at the end. She explained they had a brush and used a liquid and a powder first LOL. But they told her it was gel.

Ive had LOADS of clients saying ths recently.

Latest posts

Back