How to use Gelbond?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c bare sticks

Reaction score
Does anyone use Gelbond in their crystal mani and pedis? If so how is it applied?

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Did you not learn this in your training? xx

I don't offer this at the moment. Just wanted to give it a go on myself. I have some Gelbond but never used it but read some people use it in their crystal mani and pedis. I am trained in shellac so would probably just use that but wondered if Gelbond is better?

Someone suggested on a recent thread to use Gelbond for applying crystals on the free edge of the nail as this is where a crystal is most likely to be lost from.

I offer crystal pedicures and have not had training for it ... there wasn't any training for it when this idea came out originally.

It's not rocket science and there are loads and loads of threads on this one subject with a lot of good advice on the different methods used by our lovely geeks.

Jacqui xx

(This link advises of a training course for Swarovski Crystal Pedicure )

Thankyou for the advice. It's a bit like rockstar in my opinion, just a twist on ways to apply shellac and other gel systems.

I have also heard of using Gelbond to apply crystals but have never tried it. I have tried with Shellac, Gelish and Gelcolor but none are strong enough without top coat, I don't like to use top coat as I don't care what anyone says it dulls the crystals down hugely when applied over them. I am going to get some gelbond with my next S2 order and give it a go this way, will let you know how it goes. Has anyone else tried it this way or another way that is lasting that does not require top coat?
xx

I've just typed Gelbond into the search on here and found there's so many ways of applying the crystals but a lot of people apply a base coat cure, layer of colour coat, apply crystals using Gelbond, cure and find they last a good 4 weeks without any top coat so think I'll try that and see how it goes x

I've just typed Gelbond into the search on here and found there's so many ways of applying the crystals but a lot of people apply a base coat cure, layer of colour coat, apply crystals using Gelbond, cure and find they last a good 4 weeks without any top coat so think I'll try that and see how it goes x

Maybe this was a typing error, but just to be clear - Gelbond is an adhesive, not a gel. You cannot use it over a layer of uncured gel to fix the crystals and you do not cure Gelbond. If using Gelbond to fix crystals onto a base layer of gel then the gel must be completely cured and the inhibition (tacky) layer removed. Then you use the Gelbond to 'glue' the crystals on top. Top coat shouldn't be needed so the crystals stay super shiny.

Maybe this was a typing error, but just to be clear - Gelbond is an adhesive, not a gel. You cannot use it over a layer of uncured gel to fix the crystals and you do not cure Gelbond. If using Gelbond to fix crystals onto a base layer of gel then the gel must be completely cured and the inhibition (tacky) layer removed. Then you use the Gelbond to 'glue' the crystals on top. Top coat shouldn't be needed so the crystals stay super shiny.

I'm a bit confused. I've looked on the S2 site and it says it requires a 10 second cure? Are we all talking about the same product?

I'm a bit confused. I've looked on the S2 site and it says it requires a 10 second cure? Are we all talking about the same product?

It says "set time", not "cure time" x

Latest posts

Back