How to use tip blender

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
I was taught in my acrylic course that if someone wanted just natural tips on just to stick them on without any blending etc but I'm not sure if it was just me but I could see where the tip was. I have a client tomorrow who wants natural tips but what should I do? Should I just do it the way I was taught as the client won't notice things like that as they're not nail tech or should I blend it? I have tip blender but its not blending the tip for me. What do you do for natural tips? Thanks

The quick way that my tutor taught us was to buff the area of the nail that needs blending BEFORE putting it on the client's nail, you could even prepare a few before the client arrives to save time.

Stick nail on client.

We then used 'Dissolve' which is an NSI product, this was put over that same part of the nails that you're wanting to blend and then buffed over till you can't feel it at all, no ridge from the client's nail to the tip...

You say that the clients won't realise, they will.. if they've had them done a few times before it is a noticeable error, I thought the same as you at first and now look back at my pics from those days and think they look hideous, do it how you mean to carry on or you may lose a client... Good luck :D

This tutorial here on the site should help you....I know it is for bitten nails but you can ignore the bits about bulbous skin and saddling the tip...the rest is relevant in how to apply your tip and to preblend it (the tip NOT the nail!) before you apply and then finish blending with your file. http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/5746-tipping-bitten-nail.html

There really is no need to use tip blender as it basically just melts the tip and can cause more problems than it solves, and can get your file all yucky too!!

Also with a lot of todays modern well less tips you don't actually have to blend them, but if you do then they are so thin to start off with, blending them is easy and can be done with a 240 grit abrasive.

The tips I have, have no wells in them, do I still need to be blending them?

I was taught to use a tiny bit of acetone on the line u need to blend, just a tiny bit, then file.I have read about pre-blending and def going to try this next :)

Well less tips do not need blending and there is nothing to blend. :eek:

My advice is to learn how to blend a tip the professional way rather than using tip blender which colleges only teach to save them having to teach the correct techniques. I do not know one professional nail artist who uses tip blender.

How to use tip blender............. throw it in the bin!

Learning how to customise tips is a great lesson to learn. I would make sure that you arm yourself with a few different types of tips -good quality tips a must- and learn how to pre-blend as suggested above and how to reduce the well area. All are mentioned in the tutorial.

p.s do not literally throw tip blender in the bin dispose of it according to COSHH :wink2:

Latest posts

Back